• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My dog died.

T

TOONAFISH

I know it isnt the same as loosing a person, but it is so upsetting. He was 8 years old and so so funny. He was a black cocker spaniel, and mum and dad kept him and i got a golden cocker spaniel. Used to take them out together and it was like black and gold, side by side running like mad with their ears flapping behind them lol

Been crying since this afternoon. Feeling a bit better now, but it is so different without him. The other dogs are wondering where he is.

I hope he is happy and pain free in doggy heaven.

Powerslave

Powerslave

Hang in there, I know that losing a pet can be incredibly hard to deal with. I know it won't help you right now but you know you gave him a happy life. :hug:
I'm sure he's in dog heaven chasing rabbits or rolling in fox poo.

G

gothicminx

Losing a pet can hurt just as much as losing a person in my experience. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

S

starfish

loosing your lovely pet dog.

hello TOONAFISH i am sorry you have lost your dog, its like losing a friend. dogs are so loyal and trusting. im sure he or she will watch over you. thats what i felt when i lost my pet cat earlier this year. take care. x

megirl

megirl

I am so sorry. From personal experience losing a dog is as hard in a different way to losing a person. It is hard and never really goes away its just time that numbs the pain.
Try and remember the happy times.
If you google 'rainbow bridge' that will bring up a poem that you might get something out of I really liked it

A

Apollon

Hope you'll be well.
I lost my two puppies in February.
It was horrible for me... :(
Now only their mother is with me, and she injured her leg last month.
I adore dogs.

amathus

amathus

Sorry to hear about the loss of you're companion...it is difficult for you at the moment, but it WILL ease for you.
Remember the happy times.

meteos.

D

DELATEXT

losing a pet

I lost my cat a few years ago, he was the double of Garfield !!
I loved him as he was such a joy, always friendly and full of fun,
Pets can be more deserving than people as they are so loyal and close to you.
I could never replace him
so to mourn your dog is very understandable !!

:tea::tea:

S

shell

sorry for your news

i had a dog a year ago and it was called billy, we only had him five days and then he went he didn't die but i still lost him. :cry: from shell's daughter. sorry your upset.