• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My diffuse illness leaves me sideliled forever from everyday life

M

Mexis

I’m likely suffering from a psychosomatic illness, and it’s nothing but a struggle. Paralysing physical fatigue, numbed out, clamping up in face, uncomfortable regurgitation in throat, random lumps on hands and arms, random pins and needles, random stiffness in arms and hands, stuck thoughts, anxiety, buzzing and numbing-out sensations, recurring nausea, and inability to sleep.

It feels like my brain broke down years ago and is desperately trying to get back up, but no matter how hard I try it won’t budge. Earlier yesterday I got a few hours where things seemed moving forward, and then reality got progressively thinner and smaller, and that’s where I am now. It honestly feels like a lost battle from the start. It’s not even exciting. I don’t know what to do. I just want a normal life. I’m 22.

D

Darknesssdaughter

Hi,
You are very young and you still can recover. Its important to find the cause of your problems. Sometimes can be a real ilness, talk to your gp for investigation.
Than, if they don't find anything to indicate a psyzical ilness, go and talk to the psychologist to find the cause of your problem and how to fix the problem.
Medication can help also.
Wish you well.