• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

My decisions are just impulses... :/

wraziel

wraziel

I'm tired. I can change my opinion in 1 sec. I'm so rational out there, over analyzin everything. But I'm tired about my impulses, the mood swings in hours. Is just venting. I'm so sensible now, I think is good, better than the f$#"#$ insensible that I used to be for avoid the things inside me. I don't know

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
That does sound tiring. Analysing your every thought is exhausting. Sometimes with my illness, i start to wonder if that was me and my feeling, or was it affected by my illness? Am i ill or well at the moment? After a while, i thought i should stop analysing and just live.

Life can be less chaotic if you regularly stop talking, thinking, writing, moving, and be still and quiet. Some weekends i do not speak or write. Lockdown has been helpful for quieting the world and my mind.

Maybe you could not make a decision, but reserve judgment for when you have more information or have had more thought. You could write the question down and add notes to it, then come to your conclusion.

S

ScatterBrain

I feel you, i am constantly feelimg tired. I got my bpd diagnosis about 2 weeks ago, whixh is putting a lot of thoughts into perspective, but its not making the constant feeling of instability much better.
Are your mood swings related to external influences? Like, for me its always after work when i am going home, knowing that i will be alone with my thoughts. Maybe you can learn to anticipate them beforehand so they dont have such a big impact?

I also started writing notes to myself when i feel like i am in control, so i have some values to hold on to when my opinions are changing (which is mostly happening when i feel insecure or instable)

And you are right, being sensible is a lot better than insensibility due to suppression of the problems. At lwast you are more self aware. It may not sound like much, but it can make a big difference! Keep on defining yourself, a little bit every day!

wraziel

wraziel

I feel you, i am constantly feelimg tired. I got my bpd diagnosis about 2 weeks ago, whixh is putting a lot of thoughts into perspective, but its not making the constant feeling of instability much better.
Are your mood swings related to external influences? Like, for me its always after work when i am going home, knowing that i will be alone with my thoughts. Maybe you can learn to anticipate them beforehand so they dont have such a big impact?

I also started writing notes to myself when i feel like i am in control, so i have some values to hold on to when my opinions are changing (which is mostly happening when i feel insecure or instable)

And you are right, being sensible is a lot better than insensibility due to suppression of the problems. At lwast you are more self aware. It may not sound like much, but it can make a big difference! Keep on defining yourself, a little bit every day!

Yes by external things. Since I've discovered this forum I write here for get a log about me.