My Dad {Possibly} has Schizophrenia

K

ktyler14

My dad has never been diagnosed with schizophrenia but shows all the signs I've researched. It would be very hard to convince him to get help since he thinks it's everyone against HIM. Talking to himself, puts himself at high importance, bad sleep cycle, paranoia, and can't keep a job (which I don't blame the employers). It has greatly affected our family. I am 23 and I have lived with my grandparents, as does he. He moved out a few times, but always finds his way back to his parents. Having a normal conversation is very rare, he trusts almost no one. Any advice or directions help,Thanks!

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Has he seen a doctor? Next appointment he has with a doctor, could you write down all the signs you and the rest of the family have seen and make sure the doctor sees it?

Don't tell the doctor you researched any mental illness though, they are less likely to take you seriously if you say to the doctor "I researched schkitzophrenia (or however you spell it) and my dad shows all the signs", just say to them that you are worried and these are the symptoms he is showing :hug:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
If your worried about him, you could go to his family dr/GP and tell them your concerns.
He might be sectioned ( put into hospital) however it can be good if the person becomes stable.
Hope he accepts help soon.
Well done for helping him.
Take care