• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My creativity is shot due to antipsychotics.

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I have just sat down to play a a table top role playing game solo with the mythic GM emulator and I am sat here pencil in hand trying to think of a scenario introduction and my mind is blank.

I used to be really good at imagining characters and situations. In my teens I GMed a campaign that played twice a week for 2 years.

I think I have wasted my money buying all this tabletop gaming stuff that I got rid of before.

Oh well, another part of me lost to Schizophrenia.😒

W

wrongplanet

sorry to hear, I used to draw and paint and good work would come out once and a while, really good paintings, but now I am painting more everyday, but it's not coming in burst anymore like it used to when I was not on medications.

losingme1989

losingme1989

Sorry to hear that mate :hug:, I've never played any tabletop games. I do remember one time a few years ago going into a building where people were & I felt like an alien with all the staring :hidesbehindsofa:

I struggle with my creative side as well, I wish I had more energy for it... unfortunately chronic pain makes it difficult to create a sense of creative flow... :confused:

Lone_wanderer

Lone_wanderer

I think part of the problem is that I am burned out on the game setting, it's a universe I played in for over 35 years.

I think I am going to play Call of Cthulhu, cosmic horror and the slow descent into madness crossed with the detective like investigation suits solo play more. Even thinking about playing it brought up a couple of scenario introductions.

I will have to print off some character sheets later on.

S

singsongfun

My brain is also shot to pieces. It is a mixture of antipsychotics and schizophrenia.