• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My counselor has died.

P

Pffft

I see a counselor at uni and i had a phone call last week to say her appointments have been canceled for the foreseeable future. I presumed she wasn't well and didn't think anything of it. I then get a phone call today, to say that she passed away last week! I am in complete shock and feel upset about it all. I only seen her for 4 sessions but I felt she was understanding me and I was getting more comfortable to be honest as the sessions went on. It also upsets me that maybe she knew she was dieing and yet, she still did her job and helped many people eventhough she had issues of her own.

V

Viktoria

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, that's terrible. Many big hugs to you, I hope you'll be ok. How are you feeling? Xxx

P

Pffft

thanks for the message, Viktoria. I am just shocked, upset and gutted (if that is a normal feeling to feel!?). I asked if they knew the reason of her death and they don't know at the moment as the post mortem hasn't came back. xxx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Oh pffft, that's terrible news for you, you must be feeling very odd about it all. These things effect us all differently - it's ok to be gutted. Sending you big hugs and love x sparkly x

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm so sorry to hear that pffft.
(The compassion lives on)
Hope you keep well. :)

P

Pffft

thank you, both. I do feel very odd about it. I obviously had some attachment as death doesn't affect me this way if is someone i don't really know. (I hope that doesn't sound horrible). I am completely shocked... this was unexpected!

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am so sorry for your loss. It must be so hard to start building a trusting relationship like that only to have it ripped out from underneath you. Is there anyone else at the university you can talk to about this?

Sending lots of hugs your way.

C

cherbear

I'm so sorry to hear that hunny sending you love and cuddles . Hope you are still being given good support xxxx

P

Pffft

The uni told me they will hire someone but it will take a while. However, there is someone in a uni nearby that is linked to the uni so i can see the counselor there which i probably will do.

I feel angry about it all :( for some reason i really want to know why she passed away.

xxxx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Perhaps if you know what happened it might help you get some closure in some way?

Sorry to hear this happened.
The relationship you had was a 'professional' type one, but nonetheless it must have been upsetting and shocking to hear.

I'm glad it sounds like you can get some counselling elsewhere. x

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think that being angry would be a normal response. So is wanting to know why she died. Knowing can help understand the situation better. I am so sorry that you are going through this.