• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My childhood

D

Dazed & Confused

I didn't like the way I posted in the childhood thread. I wasnt looking after myself. I wasn't being kind to myself. I don't want to share my childhood with just anybody.

Posting like that brought up negative emotions. I ate some chocolate pudding when I wasn't hungry, and then I threw up. I was aware that I had a choice about throwing up. I chose to because my stomach felt full and uncomfortable.

I was just a little child who deserved love. And that little child is still in me. I deserve love, especially from myself.

I feel sad about my childhood. There were parts of my childhood that were fun for sure but I was mostly deeply sad.

Q

Quietly Invisible

I'm so sorry. You were a little child who did NOT deserve what happened to you. You deserved love and you still do. You're right, love yourself. Anything that happened to you as a little child was done by someone else and should not affect the way you treat yourself or allow others to treat you. We make it hard for others to love us if we feel we don't deserve it. The pain someone else caused you reflects on them. God has or will take care of them. You take care of you. Been there too.