• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My case history

J

jimrandle

In 1972 when I was 17 years old, a friend introduced me to cannabis and LSD at school. I was in my lower 6th. I had a few bad trips and then in 1975 the voices started. I woke up one morning and the voices of the whole human race were pouring in through the windows and through the walls. I thought that everyone had always been telepathic and I had only just found out. I didn't tell anyone, I thought that they already knew, so I waited for them to tell me. I got very angry and resentful and became violent towards my family. I spent many an evening in a police cell. Well I carried on with the cannabis and the magic mushrooms until 1979 when I saw God 3-4 times. I was hospitalised several times and they gave me ECT. My parents were interviewed on Radio 4 and they did a programme about me behind my back, saying that I was a maniac. Well thats all water under the bridge now. I turned to the Bible in 1979 and then in 1985 I became a Bahá' .My family have finally forgiven me and I am battling on. I am sorry for what I did, but whats done's done. I have my own flat now and the Baha'i Faith is my vocation. I teach it to people whenever I can. I think that God forgives people who truly repent and only he can.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

*Sapphire*

Hi Jim, thank you for sharing your story. I am sorry for some of your experiences and glad you have managed to find a purpose. :)