• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

My body is suddenly reacting much worse

K

Kunothyca

Hello! I am new to this forum and I hope I’m doing everything the right way.
(Trigger warning: I might refer vaguely to my eating habits)

So I’ve been struggling with this for a little over five years now (at least weight and body image related, I’ve always been struggling with food, eating everyday the exact same unhealthy food and bnearly incapable of trying anything new). Anyway, I’ve been in and out of diets, in the months between always reverting to my usual unhealthy eating habits and eating to compensate instead of hunger. I could go days without eating and weeks with eating very little with no serious repercussions like fainting for example.

I’m having a “relapse” (not sure if I can call my struggle an eating disorder, it feels awful to me but my mother is always very happy when I’m on a diet and also occasionally says stuff like “so you’re trying to be anorexic again?”) right now. And for some reason my body is reacting much worse, my vision goes black much more frequently and now I’ve been very sick all day. Is there a reason why this might be happening? I know cutting too much kalories is unhealthy and I’m trying to work on it, but I was wondering if my body can “remember” my previous diets and as a result, it’s more weak now?

Sorry for this long text. If it’s of any importance to know, I’m twenty years old now.
Thank you so much for reading up until now. I would be very happy if someone could respond, since I feel so lost right now have literally nobody to talk to about this (my friend suffering from severe anorexia herself; I don’t want to trigger her).
Thanks in advance! And have a nice day (or night) everyone.

P

Purpleplum

Yes, your body could have damage from when you did that previously causing the symptoms you are getting now. I would be checked by a medical doctor.