• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My bipolar story in a nutshell

S

Shay92

Hi I have bipolar 1 and I just would like to share a little bit of my story.

In 2019 I was at work one day and my world crumbed right before my eyes.I couldn’t tell what was real, felt like I was dreaming. I couldn’t work, couldn’t parent. That day I asked my mom to take my kid from me for our safeties.

After the depersonalization/derealization, I started to lose time. I would sit down have a smoke and next thing you knew I was sitting there for an hour or two. This catatonic behaviour ended up making me lose days. Where my body was living life without me. This caused me to lose my apartment, pets and child.

After a couple months I seemed to be getting better I went through a manic phase that lasted the better part of 2020. I was out partying, I didn’t care about anything. I was a homeless mess.

Then eventually it got so bad I ended up getting hospitalized in October 2020. They changed up my medications and it was like night and day the difference. I now take Risperidone injections every 12 days and that seems to be working.

Its been over a year on the meds and there is still progress being made. It was like I had to relearn how to live and care for myself again.

It’s now 2022, unfortunately I don’t live on my own anymore, and I also have not started working yet but I do have my daughter back! Things are looking up for me. One day at a time.

O

Orangeade

Thank you for sharing your story! Sending you a lot of love x

frisas45

frisas45

My anger was so terrible that I thought about being institutionalized. But I was in US, and that was expensive. Here in South Korea, the conditions are poor. Sometimes, I go through without therapy... only medications.