my best friend

P

peachy123

Can anyone offer any advice for me or do I have to just suck it up and accept she’s gone and never coming back?

6 months ago my best and only friend a walked out on my life. She won’t ever explain why and when I was why she doesn’t want to be friend the standard petulant response is because I don’t. I have asked her to answer some questions and she said she would if it gets me off her back to which she never did answer the questions.

I don’t understand why after 7 years she walked out. I also must note I work with her too and I bump into her lots at work.

I’m at my wits end with it all. I just want answers. I’m getting obsessed over the whole thing because I have no other friends and no family so distractions are few and far between.

Anyone please tell me what to do. I don’t know how to move on. I miss her so much.

burt tomato

burt tomato

It will hurt for a while, weeks or months, but eventually, you will get past it. You will meet someone new and that will help you.

These days people are weird socially. Ignoring people is a common thing people do. Also what looks like psychopathic behaviour is common.

H

hongli

You can always be candid with her and tell her how you feel, how you miss her and how you feel hurt by this situation, and then listen to her side of the story and hope that she is willing to talk to you about what she feels since you were able to tell her how you feel. But it might also be out of your control and she might just not answer you...the only thing to do at that point is to be patient and let time do its work, meanwhile you can reach out to others and make new friendships :)

W

wheezey

I am so sorry that happened to you. How hurtful and cruel. I understand you want to know her reasons as it was so out of the blue. It is so hard you have to work with her too. I think the best thing you could do is to put it behind you and try to block her out. If she can just ignore you like this then she is not worthy of you. :hug:

Lilbubble

Lilbubble

ba49a2cd4c8b44aa14be41166dab57df.jpg

If she can't provide honesty, what sort of friendship was it in the first place and what is it you have lost ?
:hug:

Lilbubble

Lilbubble

Sorry Peachy123, that sounded really harsh, it wasn't meant to be, I get that it hurts but friendship isn't something that can be forced. You should try and move on, you deserve better and better friends are out there xx

P

peachy123

I reached out one last time. I don’t expect a response or anything kind.

Everyone is right I need to move on. I tried and tried with everything I had left in my heart. it’s just so confusing and I’ve never been in this situation before so moving on hmmmmm not sure how.

W

wheezey

I guess all you can do is try to ignore her at work. I understand that must be very difficult. I really am sorry you are going through this.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
It can be very difficult losing friends, I'd let her go. You will find new friends.
It must be very hard working with her.
Find some new hobbies that interest you, that will help occupy your mind.
You will meet new people by joining a local group or a college course at night or on a day off.
Many people have close internet friends these days.
Take care

P

peachy123

The only way I can contact her is by email because she has blocked my number. She didn’t reply to me reaching out yesterday and I hoped so much hope she would. I guess that’s it now and I need to figure out how to get myself out of this hole. It hurts so much. I feel really sad.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

The only way I can contact her is by email because she has blocked my number. She didn’t reply to me reaching out yesterday and I hoped so much hope she would. I guess that’s it now and I need to figure out how to get myself out of this hole. It hurts so much. I feel really sad.
Hi Peachy,
I know it hurts, it will get easier.
You need to occupy your time, find a new hobby.
Here to listen.
Take care

P

peachy123

Thanks Mayflower. I constantly get urges to contact her and say what the f are you playing at but that’s not helpful coz it will get ignored. I still struggling to understand after 7 years how she can just block me out like this. I just wanted to sort this mess out coz I feel like it’s stopping me getting on with my life. I know I shouldn’t rely on that but bad unresolved feeling doesn’t sit right.

P

peachy123

Today’s the first day I’ve not had a thought to get in touch. I know I’ll get ignored even if I did. I have been thinking about her all day though and driving myself to a lot of emotions.

Lilbubble

Lilbubble

Hi Peachy123,

It will take time to accept the situation.

Have you given any thought to the suggestion someone made about reaching out to find new friends ? Through a support group, college course or new/existing hobby ?

P

peachy123

I’ve thought about it yes. I am really still at a point where leaving the house is a challenge on my own. I did see my therapist today. spent the rest of the day laying on my bed just allowing myself to feel the pain.

She promised she would never leave. And I spent so long trying to make sure she didn’t. But she did in the end. That’s my thoughts today.

Lilbubble

Lilbubble

I’ve thought about it yes. I am really still at a point where leaving the house is a challenge on my own.

This I totally get !

What about an online course?, many have online chat facilities as a group, which will build your confidence and the course would give you something to focus on distracting you from this situation.

P

peachy123

I’m gonna try as hard as I can. I just gotta make everything possible on my own now.

Thanks for the support mate. It’s nice to be able to share and not be judged.

Lilbubble

Lilbubble

:respect:

Anytime !

You can do it, I believe in you :)

Stay Strong x