My ATOS journey....

P

panictastic

Hi everyone.

I am new and this is my first post. I'm glad I found this forum as have been alone for my ATOS journey so far....

I suffer with GAD, Panic Disorder, OCD, Agoraphobia and depression.

I have pretty much always worked up until November 2013 when I became quite badly ill. I was signed off by my doctor and referred to a psychiatrist.

I was subsequently diagnosed and my ESA50 was filled out and sent off with a letter from the psychiatrist confirming this.

So here we are, 8 months on and I have not even had 1 letter from the DWP or ATOS regarding my claim. I recently contacted my local MP who contacted ATOS for me and I have just received a letter from him stating that...and I quote;

"The DWP cannot urgently progress your claim, this is because the criteria for doing so is very strict and the main requirement is that you are receiving no income at all."

So there we go, I called ATOS today and was told that finally my claim is being "looked at" by their "doctors" (I use the word Doctor, loosely) Does anyone know how much longer I might have to wait? I know the answer will probably be, how long is a piece of string :D

Hopefully I will hear something soon.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Indeed, how long is a piece of string.
I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. I've seen on the news recently that there is a huge backlog that Atos are struggling to deal with.
I sent a re-assesment form to Atos last November, haven't heard sod all since. :shrug:

Really hope that they get their act together and sort things out for you soon though, especially if you have no income (hope you're surviving ok??).

Oh and welcome to the forum. :) x

C

Christobel

I recently had dealings with the DWP. the only thing that got things moving was my psychiatrist ringing them up and saying I had an anxious personality. We'll it's worth trying!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I have only been waiting since Feb this year. Seems a long time though.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

I have been waiting since beginning of January. Well doesnt help anxiety. Just hoping they leave me where I am

P

panictastic

Thanks for the replies. Somerset, you read my post wrong, I do have ESA coming in but it is only assessment rate. I emailed ATOS last week asking if I required a medical and if so would it be forthcoming, I got a reply passing it on to someone so will update this post if I receive a reply!

I am going to push for a home visit, as with my agoraphobia I rarely leave the house. The only places that I can go to are my doctors and my psychiatric appointments and even then I really struggle, with no sleep the night before and I always have to get a friend to come with me for support. I guess I will need my doctor to write a letter for this?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3