• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My anxiety/panic experience

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

That's better - apart from it coming up twice! Apologies - my phone is useless!

L

laural98

You’re right, so rewarding but significantly stressful. I was a newly qualified nurse for a couple of months and before I knew it I was frontline working during the pandemic and still do (probably where most of the anxiety has stemmed from). The breathing techniques are what I use most, it does help more than people think. Yes I’m in the UK, thank you very much I will check it out; willing to try anything!

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

I have nothing but admiration for you. Talk about being thrown in at the deep end! You are incredible to be doing what you're doing, and even the strongest person would find it difficult.
Yes, it's working trying all avenues, as you need to find out what works for you. Everyone is different, and what helps one person isn't going to necessarily help another.
I can testify that No Panic are useful - they've been going for years so are good at what they do.
And this place is always good when you need to get things off your chest. There's usually someone here to chat to who is going through similar.

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

I have nothing but admiration for you. Talk about being thrown in at the deep end! You are incredible to be doing what you're doing, and even the strongest person would find it difficult.
Yes, it's working trying all avenues, as you need to find out what works for you. Everyone is different, and what helps one person isn't going to necessarily help another.
I can testify that No Panic are useful - they've been going for years so are good at what they do.
And this place is always good when you need to get things off your chest. There's usually someone here to chat to who is going through similar.
'worth' not 'working' trying all avenues...can't blame the phone for that one!

L

laural98

Thank you that’s very kind. I will definitely make use of No Panic. I’m so glad I found this place, I have been flicking through and getting used to it - nice to know you are not alone in these situations! Ha. it’s late that can be your excuse!

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Oh good - I'll blame the time instead then lol
Yes, it's often very reassuring to talk to others who understand exactly how it feels. This forum has definitely helped me through some difficult times.

L

laural98

Yes talking to yourself and others this evening have definitely made me feel better. I normally feel exhausted after having an attack but feel the opposite now and unable to sleep. Can see myself being awake for a while!!

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

I'm glad you're feeling better 🙂 Hope you do manage to get some sleep at some point though!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Bedridden for over a week with severe anxiety/panic post COVID infection Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
pjb15201 Increased panic and anxiety since pandemic rules lessened ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
P Anxiety Disorder without feeling anxious or panic? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
G Burning skin anxiety panic attacks body feels like in fire in bed at night Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
G Anxiety panic attacks struggling Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
N REALLY ANXIETY AND PANIC ALL DAY EVERY DAY Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
J Immobilized with fear, panic and anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
B My partner has panic disorder, agrophobia and separation anxiety but I can find anyone who will help ME Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
J Constant Generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
M New here - Anxiety, Panic, Life. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
H Living with anxiety and panic attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
B Wife Suffers From Anxiety / Panic Attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
W Anxiety, panic attacks, irrational thought Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
M Battle with Panic & Anxiety .... Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
F Anxiety and Panic Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
P Anxiety/panic attacks causing chest pains Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
L Anxiety, Panic, Dizziness WEED, Help/Advice please Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Y Anxiety over tongue and throat sensations Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Anxiety legs Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Upset Stomach Anxiety - anyone else experience this? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
L Is Anxiety pain real?? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
S Meditation for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
Daybreak Anybody try self-message and/or essential oils for anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
D Feeling cold because of anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
T Anxiety attack experiences Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
Scg Anxiety physical symptoms Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 21
F Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
S Anxiety when circumstances suddenly change Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
S Stomach cramps with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Anxiety = stomach problems and IBS Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
Darwin the fish Weakness in arms and anxiety attacks Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Is it possible to fix this anxiety / depression? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
Tawny Helping yourself with your anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 0
MrBond007 Anxiety attacks over things that are completely normal for no reason. +Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
S Tremors and muscle trembling from anxiety? Sad and scared! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Anxiety Hypochondriasis and Agoraphobia Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
R Crippling anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 47
R Severe anxiety triggered by my children’s health Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
R The Difficulties of Anxiety and Depression Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
R Anxiety through the roof Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
S Differentiating Anxiety and Attention Deficit Disorder- Inattentive Type Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
Midnight.Panda Bad anxiety about everything Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
J Who to talk to about my anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
K I feel so alone with anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
M Broken glass Anxiety, please help Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
B Acute anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
FloofyPuppers Pristiq for Anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
dogmom Anxiety is back. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
T Abandonment issues/separation anxiety? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
S Does anyone get Physical Symptoms due to anxiety. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 41