• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My anxiety is out of control

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

So one minute I'm feeling ok and then the next my heart starts racing and my body starts trimberling with fear and it all starts with a trigger but cant say what that trigger is.

B

Bod

Former member
Try and sit down when it comes on and focus on your breathing and only your breathing while inhaling holding for 4 seconds then blowing out to empty the air out of your lungs.

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

I have to tell myself that what ever it is its all in my mind and that nobody is coming for me. Its hard to do because when the fear sets in I start feeling very threatened and fearful for my life.

B

Bod

Former member
Yes that fear is something else when it kicks in and sticks the fear of god right up us at the best of times, it is our own mind doing just that so try to focus on facing the fear head on while saying F**K you or anything that might help.

Shell Dockley

Shell Dockley

Facing the fear may not be so straight forward... well not directly but I need to relax when the trigger happens. It all relates to a time when I was attacked and years later I get triggered by it. I got my headphones on and listening to music feeling more relaxed.

B

Bod

Former member
I am so very sorry you were attacked and yes we all have to be careful with triggers, it is good that you have headphones on as I have mine in and also listening to music as that is what I do each time now when I login.

S

Selfhealing

I did some CBT once and got some really useful info "If in doubt, breathe out"
I was taught that our brains, when too full of oxygen, make us anxious.
I breathe out slowly and fully, then I breathe in slowly and fully, right down from my gut or diaphragm.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi ,that sounds hard ,i struggle with a similar thing
i just wanted to send love and and my support ,would you consider medication for the short term?
and maybe therapy long term? the best thing i have found is to talk about my worries xxx

N

natalie

This is what i was also wondering, you might benefit from medication, scuh as long lasting for twice daily or so, of Pregabalin, which I take.

I would make an appointment for your GP.

Also, do continue on with your music listening, as long you don't have to worry about door or phone, and get past that barrier, then you'll be finer music listening. Music is a calming tool aid. for many mental health syptons or problems.

Best regards all.

Have a good day all.