• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My anxiety intrusive thoughts are constant

G

Gkhair19

Hi I am really struggling my intrusive thoughts and anxiety is constant .I have tried not thinking about it but its constant .The horrible physical symptoms are hard to cope with its interfering with my day to day daily routine .I am on buspirone since the 4th march 2020 and have been on Mirtrazipine 30mg since 2016 I have always been able to cope but it's strange as everything seems to be triggered going outside I mean basic things like it's just constant anxiety for no reason like I feel like I'm going to collapse ,die or do something to embarrassed myself .It doesn't help either with all this coronavirus stuff too my stomach feels like in knots and it's hard to cope.Its like my brain wont accept it's just anxiety .This last three weeks have been difficult I get anxious even when I'm at home .I have tried breathing exercises ,grounding.It just feels like I'm a ticking time bomb maybe I have just been unable to get myself out of this mess.My mum expects to go on with my normal routine but it's hard very difficult .It feels like the more I try not to think the intrusive thoughts ,physical symptoms take over I have been on the medication since last wednesday and hate having to go to the local out of hours and being told theres nothing they can do,what did they expect me to do .I get so anxious and intrusive thoughts that the thoughts trick me into thinking I'm not safe always need reassurance like suicide but I'm not suicidal I know that in my own heart.Thanks

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Sorry your struggling right now, hope the new meds work very soon.
We're here to listen anytime.
Hugs

G

Gkhair19

Hi Mayflower thanks for your response it's tough the intrusive thoughts causing panic attacks

H

Hiraeth

Hi I am really struggling my intrusive thoughts and anxiety is constant .I have tried not thinking about it but its constant .The horrible physical symptoms are hard to cope with its interfering with my day to day daily routine .I am on buspirone since the 4th march 2020 and have been on Mirtrazipine 30mg since 2016 I have always been able to cope but it's strange as everything seems to be triggered going outside I mean basic things like it's just constant anxiety for no reason like I feel like I'm going to collapse ,die or do something to embarrassed myself .It doesn't help either with all this coronavirus stuff too my stomach feels like in knots and it's hard to cope.Its like my brain wont accept it's just anxiety .This last three weeks have been difficult I get anxious even when I'm at home .I have tried breathing exercises ,grounding.It just feels like I'm a ticking time bomb maybe I have just been unable to get myself out of this mess.My mum expects to go on with my normal routine but it's hard very difficult .It feels like the more I try not to think the intrusive thoughts ,physical symptoms take over I have been on the medication since last wednesday and hate having to go to the local out of hours and being told theres nothing they can do,what did they expect me to do .I get so anxious and intrusive thoughts that the thoughts trick me into thinking I'm not safe always need reassurance like suicide but I'm not suicidal I know that in my own heart.Thanks
Oh my god I relate to you so much. except I can't leave my house because I am agoraphobic. I am struggling with the same problems as you. Have you tried a medication called Propanalol? that one has helped me a ton. A lot of people use it for stage fright but I use a long lasting one.

G

Gkhair19

Hi hiraeth it's tough I can understand I am on buspirone since 4th march I am still not feeling the effects yet keep getting dizzy nauseated it's a horrible feeling always feel like I'm losing control no matter how much I try to convince myself that I'm not

J

Johntron9999

J

Johntron9999

im in the same boat as you! how long have you had this bothering you? i have 24 7 anxiety freeking out about everything. im taking an ssri but its not working. sigh what is ur plan to get over this?

G

Gkhair19

Hi johntronn I try to take it day by day but it hits me when I wake up I'm on buspirone for two weeks I just feel it can be really tough to cope I think the coronavirus doesn't help either I feel for you its just so frustrating man

PaulD1180

PaulD1180

I am trying to keep Corona Virus out of my thoughts and haven't watched the news for 2 days but I can't stop thinking about what may happen. I am trying distraction techniques but they're not helpful in this situation. I am afraid of being alone and frightened I may harm myself. I wish I could go to sleep for 3months.

G

Gkhair19

Hi Paul anxiety is just awful it's tough I just feel it's horrible the thoughts are really tough I just cabt get out of bed sometimes it's that bad just have to realise that I'm going to be ok trying to reassure myself I understand where you are coming from like I could just sleep I am on buspirone started it two weeks no improvement that I can see yet thanks

PaulD1180

PaulD1180

I know these feelings will fade in time, but it's not a great help in the present. The situation is becoming more serious each day. I don't want to show my feelings to my family, my wife is understanding but other family members think I should "snap out of it". I hate that phrase. Thanks for your reply Gkhair19 and I hope your situation improves soon.

G

Gkhair19

Thanks Paul I hope you will be ok I think it could be the more effort I put into thinking irrational it's just difficult as the intrusive thoughts are constant hope you find peace thanks

R

Rattius

Hi Mayflower thanks for your response it's tough the intrusive thoughts causing panic attacks
I'm tired of thinking the same intrusive thought over and over again. I wish you the best