• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

MrBond007

MrBond007

Nothing but anxiety today. It started ever since last night and it has been persistent ever since then. I’m starting to feel anxious and worry over the things I usually worry over (which are all insignificant anyway (movies, video games, etc)). And it’s been making me very frustrated recently because it’s just not stopping whatsoever.

I definitely think I’ve been going a bit overboard with the caffeine recently since everyday I would go my grandma’s house and have like 3 cups of tea there. And if I was to go to the store before going my grandma’s I would always buy a can of soda. I know I really shouldn’t be having caffeine at all in my constant anxiety-prone state. But the thing is I just love caffeinated drinks. Not only do they taste good but I remember a time when my anxiety was a lot more manageable and drinking them would give me more of a positive energy and mood boost as opposed to the panic attacks I often get now.

It’s even more frustrating that my “worries” are so incredibly insignificant, that I don’t see how anyone else can see them as genuine worries. Since all the stuff I worry about is completely irrational as well as normal and unchangeable. I genuinely don’t know what to do with myself at the moment. How am I supposed to live when I am anxious 24/7. All the enthusiasm I have has deteriorated along time ago and I see no hope that it’s ever coming back.

I normally go to the gym everyday and have been doing for 2 months now. Though I took a week off because I was sick (and I still don’t feel 100%). But I still really want to go because without it I genuinely feel like I could go crazy if not crazier. Why can’t I just be happy about things? Like I used to when I was a kid? Why can’t I feel that enthusiasm I had back then? I’m 20 now but I genuinely feel like I have no hope in my future because my anxiety is just so crippling it’s so hard to do the things I normally love doing.

I just wanna mention I had a very anxiety induced day quite a while ago (My anxiety is just not stopping.). And even since I’ve been feeling mostly alright in the days between I still often get anxious. Ever since last night however it is just not holding back. It almost if it wants to consume me.

I’ve been taking my medication (50mg Sertraline) for 3 months non-stop, and I still get anxious very often and intensely. I’ve been feeling so frustrated and infuriated about the fact that I just can not shake it off. It won’t go away!

B

Bod

Former member
I started on Sertraline 50mg and it did help me a bit with my depression and anxiety but I needed that bit more of a boost so spoke to my doctor who agreed and put me on 100mg Sertraline and now it is working for me a lot better now just leaving me to work on the rest of my self that I can cope with. I have put in a link that might help you abit more I hope as breathing exercisers can help to calm us down and also listening to music may help.

MrBond007

MrBond007

I also have Asperger’s syndrome (been diagnosed ever since I was 13) and I think it’s obvious I have some sort of OCD/anxiety disorder. I notice recently I’ve been often getting mood swings quite frequently when it comes to feeling enthusiastic and anxious. So I wonder if that might be anything. An individual on the previous thread mentioned ADHD and bipolar so I guess that had me thinking.

MrBond007

MrBond007

I started on Sertraline 50mg and it did help me a bit with my depression and anxiety but I needed that bit more of a boost so spoke to my doctor who agreed and put me on 100mg Sertraline and now it is working for me a lot better now just leaving me to work on the rest of my self that I can cope with. I have put in a link that might help you abit more I hope as breathing exercisers can help to calm us down and also listening to music may help.

I was actually on 20mg Fluoxetine for 2 years (I was also on 0.5mg Flupentixol for a short stint but I stopped because it was making me feel worse). During the summer my anxiety got really bad I actually mentioned to my doctor if he could perhaps up my dose but instead he gave me 50mg Sertraline.

I fear if I do mention something like this to my doctor in terms of upping my dose, he would just put me on another set of tablets. To be fair, the fluoxetine was working fine, I’d just would’ve preferred if he gave me a stronger dose instead of changing my medication all together. But I guess that’s the thing with antidepressants, it’s a case of trial and error.

B

Bod

Former member
I wonder why the doctor totally changed it instead of putting it up a bit, do you think you could ask them to try you on 100mg.

MrBond007

MrBond007

I wonder why the doctor totally changed it instead of putting it up a bit, do you think you could ask them to try you on 100mg.

Sure, I could ask. I’m just worried what he might say in terms of my medication. I’m worried about him prescribing me something totally different as opposed to upping my dose. Would be even worse if he prescribed something which genuinely makes me feel worse. Because that has happened before (when I had the Flupentixol).

I asked my mum about it and she said that he probably doesn’t want to put me on such a high dose because I’m so young. But I’m not really that young (I’m only 20).

B

Bod

Former member
I can see where your mother is coming from saying he might be concerned because you are so young at being 20, I wonder if you just asked him out right if he would try putting it up to 100mg.