• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

My 600 lbs life

Lizaje

Lizaje

I wonder if it's okay to post here, but I just watched an episode and it was full of stupid. 1) The poor woman had a horrible unsupportive husband, 2) they offered her therapy as a "last chance" so that she could cope with her feelings without eating, 3) Why didn't anybody around her help her before she weighed 600lbs?

For the husband, if you don't want to be in a relationship, leave.

Therapy is number one for someone who can't stop eating, but it must be started before you're 600lbs.

If you're going to ignore a loved one eating him- or herself to death, don't be all, "I just want her to have the help she needs," when she's on a TV show weighing 600lbs.

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

I'm not sure how much you watch the show but some of those people are very emotionally and verbally abusive towards those around them. They use guilt to manipulate them into giving them food when they can no longer get it themselves. Their loved ones care but are stuck in this abusive relationship where they dont want their mom, wife, husband, dad to hate them but they dont want to be their enabler either. There are some people who are also just enablers who just give into anything that the person ask for. There was an episode where the husband wanted his wife very large and eventually left her for loosing weight. Basically tried to sabotage her the whole time she was trying to be healthy.

Lizaje

Lizaje

some of those people are very emotionally and verbally abusive towards those around them.
Yeah, I'm sure, but it frequently starts from childhood and a child is never to blame for his weight, but the parents are. Sometimes people just get what they give with their kids.

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Yeah, I'm sure, but it frequently starts from childhood and a child is never to blame for his weight, but the parents are. Sometimes people just get what they give with their kids.
Most of the time you will see that the parent are overweight too. It might be a lack of knowing how to eat healthy. It could also be a pattern of unhealthy coping mechanism that are just being passed of from parent to child.

Lizaje

Lizaje

Most of the time you will see that the parent are overweight too. It might be a lack of knowing how to eat healthy. It could also be a pattern of unhealthy coping mechanism that are just being passed of from parent to child.
Yes. Parents are still the ones responsible.