• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

My 10 year old is hearing voices

K

KDavis1

Yesterday my daughter went to the school counselor and told her that she had thought about killing herself. There is a lot going on right now my husband and I are going through a lot and I know my kids are suffering, we are living with his mom and it’s stressful. There is a lot of fighting between the adults and the kids don’t understand. But my middle child has ADHD and she has a lot of feelings that aren’t always acknowledged. And myself and my husband have our own mental health issues. I have had more counseling and therapy than he has but I still didn’t realize what we were doing to her. I have anger issues and PTSD I don’t handle or react appropriately to her. I know that a lot of what is going on with her is my fault because I don’t have patience sometimes and I will yell and I have spanked her and I just totally lost it and I know it was terrifying for her. After my episode I would cry and apologize and try to comfort her but I’m sure I did permanent damage. I had to take her to the hospital so she can get a psychiatrist evaluation tonight and she opened up to me and told me there are 10 voices in her head and the all tell her to kill herself and that some of them speak different languages but that one tells her what the others are saying and she can sometimes see them. They are black shadows. I know I caused this but I just want to be there for her and I am terrified of what is going on and I question if it should be me there for her or if someone else needs to because I’m the source of the trauma. I want to help her but I get so frustrated with her that I can’t see straight. I just don’t know what to do. I taught her the Lords Prayer and she said they were screaming at her while we were saying it and then she calmed down a bit and said it helped. I believe in spiritual attachment and I know children see things we don’t sometimes but I don’t know what this is. Any help is welcome.

H

hairybanana

Oh god this is heartbreaking on so many levels

John Lamb

John Lamb

. Tell her to ignore what the voices say, even laugh at their lies and nastiness.

I built a personal relationship with Jesus and my negative voices went away. I have also seen black shadowy figures. It is common with people who hear voices and is spiritual, I believe. There are what is called ‘God helmet’ experiments in science which show this phenomenon is common but nothing to worry about. You can look it up on Wikipedia.

What you daughter needs most is a calm peaceful environment, no stress. I think it could have been the stress that brought this on.

I had anger issues but when I found God I calmed down a lot more. Don’t blame yourself for causing your daughter’s voices you have your own problems, and they could have happened with any stress.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KDavis1

I believe voices are spirits and that you can improve the situation by the right spiritual approach, a relaxed approach and deliverance through prayer, a person can do this themselves or they can seek help at a church or online. But no fretting or worrying that makes the condition worse. Tell her to ignore what the voices say, even laugh at their lies and nastiness.

I built a personal relationship with Jesus and my negative voices went away. I have also seen black shadowy figures. It is common with people who hear voices and is spiritual, I believe. There are what is called ‘God helmet’ experiments in science which show this phenomenon is common but nothing to worry about. You can look it up on Wikipedia.

What you daughter needs most is a calm peaceful environment, no stress. I think it could have been the stress that brought this on.

I had anger issues but when I found God I calmed down a lot more. Don’t blame yourself for causing your daughter’s voices you have your own problems, and they could have happened with any stress.
I wholeheartedly believe the same and we are working on getting back to GOD there are a lot of issues with all of us so therapy and prayer are on the frontline. Thank you