• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Muted panic attacks

B

Berg

Hi all

Strange one here

I’ve not had any panic attacks for a while (partly due to medication and also some work on my own part too)

Something strange happened tonight. I felt a wave of anxiety with tingles in my jaw, mouth and tongue. It didn’t progress to panic. No palpitations or shortness of breath - basically no PANIC or feeling like I’m about to die... but then 5 minutes later I began profusely shivering as I always do after an attack and now feel extremely drained and lethargic?

I referred to it as a muted panic attack (not sure if that’s a term) because there was no panic, no fight or flight response, just a very bizarre gut feeling of anxiety but followed by the same comedown of a full blown panic attack?

I’m fine now I’m more just curious as to see if anyone else has experienced this or knows more about what the hell it is? I appreciate all mental symptoms are unique but if anyone can share any thoughts i’d be really interested.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

I've never experienced this. Sorry you have. :hug:

frisas45

frisas45

It's called relapse. You should tell your doctor about this. If you Irelapse after you felt fine with your meds means the medications aren't strong enough. You need a stronger dose or get it changed.

Faith198

Faith198

I get these too, it’s like a less severe panic attack. Almost like it doesn’t come on all the way but you still ge the effects of it. Mostly get it when I’m stressed out and overwhelmed. I think most of the time Prozac keeps my panic attacks from being full blown ones. It’s still not fun to deal with. I’m sorry you’re dealing with those

B

Berg

I get these too, it’s like a less severe panic attack. Almost like it doesn’t come on all the way but you still ge the effects of it. Mostly get it when I’m stressed out and overwhelmed. I think most of the time Prozac keeps my panic attacks from being full blown ones. It’s still not fun to deal with. I’m sorry you’re dealing with those
Glad I’m not alone! I had one the other day whilst in the shower, heart beating ten a dozen in my chest and pins and needles up my arms. Bizarrely concentrating on showering and washing myself actually calmed the situation down! I was covered in soap so I had no choice but to finish what I was doing and ride the wave. Still horrible though.