• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Must find a new GP

Annelis

Annelis

Some time ago, my mom came home informing me that my GP has committed suicide. She met the nurse by chance and she told her this and also that no one is taking the ambulance after him and I have to go get the documentation last week of August and find a new GP in the meantime, to bring the documentation there before the end of August.
as I couldn't have sorted it out right away (because I was only supposed to go there at the end of August) I put it off my mind and now it's time to do something about it and I have no idea what. I'm supposed to go take the documentation from the old GP's mother this week and I still don't know where to go next..I seem to have two options - one is where my sister goes to, that's the main good thing about it, because she knows where it is and she knows what she's like and she said she's kind... The other option is a new ambulance which is closer to where I live and they seem to have the option to plan the appointment online as opposed to having to call there; that would be easier for me with my MH issues.. but I don't know anything about the doctors there and mom says they might be mean and rude and I don't know what else.. I have been thinking about it all day yesterday, I haven't done anything else, I even did a swot analysis for both but it both seems to have some pluses and at the same time it's terrifying... I tried to talk about it with my mom, sister and a friend but every time they try to give more advantages about either, it turns out to be more of the stress for me (e.g. my sister: My GP is alright, you'll just go there and she'll ask you some questions ... Nothing horrible - and to me it is omg I don't want anyone to ask me questions! I definitely don't want this one... And then something similar happens about the other one and so on..)...
I already had a panic/anxiety attack/making scenes/whatever it is, yesterday, I just don't know what to do. I can see I make everyone lose patience and I make them upset by the fuss I make about it, but I just don't know how to solve this situation. I have to decide somehow but it feels like no matter how I decide I'm going to regret it.. I don't think I can handle this... The formal procedures and then going to the new doctor... I don't think I can handle it ... I can't imagine how easy it is for my sister and everyone else who just have no problems with such normal things as changing the GP, or talking to a stranger... I don't know what to do.

Unloveable2Day

Unloveable2Day

Hey, don’t know if you acted on this yet. But from what you said, I would def go with the one your sister sees. There are so many more benefits to that one verses the other. It’s logically the best choice. I would lean on your sister for help on the first visit, too. Be a little selfish by asking her to accompany you. You would do it for her, right? Tell the GP or nurse that your sister needs to be in the room with you for support. Plus, I have a feeling she wants to by what you’ve said. 😉

Annelis

Annelis

Not really. My sister sees me as a burden and I know it, when mom suggested the same, that I go there with her, she said no. So I picked the other one. I haven't really been there yet, just filled the documentation and delivered it there...

Unloveable2Day

Unloveable2Day

Oh man. What a downer. Thought she would’ve been understanding and helpful. Well, I know it won’t make a difference, but I would’ve done it for you. I hope it all works out.