• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Music to my ears!

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Oh Heaven! I am in heaven!!! :D:D:D

Please guys, please, make music a major part of your therapy! :LOL:

I have just received the new album of my favourite band and...OMG I just LOVE music! (y)(y)(y)

When I hear good music all my troubles fall by the wayside, the depression lifts, the sun shines....and all I wanna do is just dance, dance, dance :clap::clap::clap:

:grouphug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I lovemy music ashami. I have all different kinds to suit my different moods. What isyour new CD ashami?

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I used to love my music , but this last year or more i prefer peace and quiet .

D

Dollit

I love music but I can't listen to it when I'm really depressed. My last big depressive phase lasted 14 months and I only got to listen to music about 6 times. It's one of the worst things about major depressive phases for me - that and the fact I can't concentrate long enough to read anything other than a trashy magazine. Don't get me long I love trashy magazines but my text books sit on the shelf a gaze balefully at me. But oh yes, I love music!!! (y):clap::D

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Funny isnt it how the moods affects us. At the moment im sat in a dim room with neither the tv or radio on.

D

Dollit

Yes and depression, almost without exception, makes us retreat into our womb like structures. By the way, Ashami's new CD is probably The Feeling. She's probably plotting now how she can sneak the lead singer in while her OH is at work and then spend time trying to persuade him he's not gay. Just a hunch! :LOL:

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Unfortunately my OH is psychic too cos as much as I've acted all indifferent when Dan is on TV, my OH takes the piss out of me and then moans that he wished he was 28 again...;)

Bless him, I tell him he's the only one for me and it's just that I like to look at beautiful things. What's wrong with that girls?

D

Dollit

Nothing - we have to surround ourselves with the beautiful. Besides at least when we check out a guy he doesn't know it's happening. Mind you most girls aren't aware of their own checking sequence (series of micro gestures for the technically minded) so it's easy to fool a bloke. It's easy to fool a bloke anyway, who am I kidding! :LOL: