• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Music and its effect on you......

Q

quality factor

SAGA “The Sound of Music”,​
September 2005

“Music is famously the food of love but the latest studies suggest it can also help ease
depression, calm anxiety and aid recovery from illness.”​
Report of the Review of Arts and Health Working Group​

Does music play a part in your life....how???

QF.

J

jamesdean

Yeah music was my first love n the first real love of my life was marc bolan though he never knew that I wrote him aletter when I was ever so young n when he died it broke my heart because i was such a fan of him and his music,i loved all that glam rock music he opened the flood gates for all these ecentric singers such has lady gaga ( I heard that she collasped due to exhaustion,bless her).

When I was going through my breakdown it hurt me so much that Icouldnt sit n listen to music any more because I was to damaged I couldnt even put the radio on etc,it took me two years of absence before I could buy a single or album n so the first single I bought for the second part of my new life was mr right by cc peniston in 1992. I dont have of my record collection prior to 1990n yet i had collected tons ofmusic but then I was to embark upon my love of hi nrg which was far greater love than all the motown shite that my eldest brother had been shoving at me (all because he loved it), and I have never looked back sometimes I might forget my self n perhaps be humming away to something by elton john for example n I have to give myself a reality check URH.

Seriously I fcuking love music so much its proberly the thing that in the most keeps me the most sane....................................................:cool::clap:(y)

A

Ainsworth

music is everything to me, very important...songs/music speak to all of us very personally, if i didnt have music i would be lost.

T

twinklingstar

Korn & Pink Floyd = AMAZINGLY MINDBLOWING :)

Wendy

Wendy

Couldn't survive without music
like listning to the radio too.
Fav artists pink floyd Kate bush,moby,red hot chilli peppers and more.
Wendy x:D

P

phoenixx

:) couldnt survive now without my music fav stuff pink,muse,linkin park,disturbed,evenesecense,kings of leon,killers. :clap:

but when was really ill couldnt listen to any as it was commanding me to act out things :evil: was a terrible time but heay not anymore!:

M

madsheep

Music is my life. I cant go a day without listening to it. It helps people know what mood I am in too. For example if Graeme walks through the door and hears slow sad songs, he just gives me a hug. But if he hears something upbeat he knows that I am in a fairly good mood so he doesnt have to tread so carefully.
Basically. I LOVE MUSIC.
There are just too many favourites to name!!