• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Muscle aches tips

G

gadpulse

Hi guys maybe someone can give me a tip if you've had a similar experience. So I've had GAD for 6 or more months (I'm in therapy for a month and a half now). At the beginning it was very subtle I started being scared of terrorists and I didn't think about it at all. It was a small thing for me. Time by time it got to the point where people with beards started freaking me out even though I have one myself and I started avoiding trams and so on. After some time I had a panic attack at work and after that I thought I had a flu but in hindsight I don't think it was a flu since I didn't have fever cough runny nose etc. So I was at home thinking I was curing my flu which means pretty much not moving at all eating much less food than usual and feeling pretty down. I got more and more worried since I didn't feel better and I got more panic attacks and went to all kinds of doctors pretty much every day. I had more panic attacks since I worried so much about my health and that state was going on for like 1,5 months. After that I calmed down a bit since I was tested by all kinds of doctors and I finally started therapy. So my doctor wanted to give me a mild antidepressant bit I didn't want it since I try to avoid any medicine if possible. My main concern throughout that whole time was my muscle aches that sometimes got better sometimes worse and so on. I've been feeling much better and I've been working for 8 days in a row which is a record for a few months, I meditate a lot, I do sports a lot, I'm seeing friends and family and so on. But the only thing still staying is my muscle aches and now I'm wondering how long will it take for them to go away? I'm also very weirded out about the fact what your brain can do physically to you and sometimes I can't really believe it. Do you guys have any further tips?

Z

Zoe1

hi gadpulse :welcome: !

yes I get all these things !
I find if I try to help others with similar issues
that some of my symptoms disappear !

:grouphug:🌅🌻:)🍀

G

gadpulse

Thats really nice of you! For me sadly the only thing that completely relieves my pain is being inside water but then again I can't be inside water 24/7 :) but nice to hear that I'm not the only one here.