• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

mummy is in hospital am so scared

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

its been the worst weekend ever
mum is in hospital because of shortness of breath i was scared to death it ws lung cancer but they said not i dont believe them thouh :cry:
to make it worse she is in a hospital miles away from where we live so its costing a fortune to get there and back in a taxi

the nurse said she will be okay but im nt so sure
absolutely horrendous wekend im exhausted
my aubty is staying with me cos i cant be alone i have emergency number for social services but dont want to use it
an so scared

W

Waverunner

Sorry to hear this Fairy. I hope your mum gets better soon and that you feel better as well!

SarahD

SarahD

Fairy Lu, I am so sorry, how worrying for you. I am glad your aunty is there with you.

I can think of at least five possible reasons for shortness of breath - which I won't list as you will just start worrying about them. It may not be that serious. If they say she will be ok it is likely to be something treatable.

I have gone through similar things with my parents and know how worried you must be.

Sending love, Sarah x

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i am sorry to hear about your mum. they would not lie to you and would just say they are not sure unless they were certain that it wasn't cancer. :hug:

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oh Lu I am so sorry

If they say it is not cancer, then it wont be hunny, please put that out of your mind.

Did they say how much longer she'll be in?? I am sure it's nothing serious

Glad your Auntie is there with you

I will PM you xxxxxx

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

So sorry Lu. Have they said how long she will need to stay in. Please try not to worry too much and please try and take good care of you xxxxxx

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

thanks so much everone xx i dont know how long she will have to stay in for but i would imagine at least a week xx ive had nothing to eat for 2 days because just cant face food xx

katya

katya

thanks so much everone xx i dont know how long she will have to stay in for but i would imagine at least a week xx ive had nothing to eat for 2 days because just cant face food xx
Aw honey, I'm so, so sorry you and your mum are going through this right now. I wish you and your mum all the best. Please be really kind to yourself right now and surround yourself with people as much as you can.

T

Taffy

Oh Lu, I am sorry that's so scary for all of you.
the hospital wont lie to you, they would be in big trouble if that happened.

Please try and eat something even if it is only a bowl of cereal, or a round of toast .

I am thinking of you and mum and keeping you in my heart, lots of love
Taffy xxxx:hug:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Aww Lu :hug1:

I'm sorry your mum is in hospital, it must be a very worrying time or you. Like the others have said they won't lie to you.

xxx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

:hug5: Lu...

I also agree that the staff wouldn't lie to you either.
It must be very worrying for you though, nonetheless and it sounds like it's been a really rubbish weekend.
I'm sure she'll be out of the hospital soon though - honest, they don't like to keep people in there any longer than they need to be.
In the meantime, look after yourself.
Does your Mum have a mobile in hospital? Perhaps giving her some texts to let her know you love her might be something that makes you feel better? xx

W

Waverunner

How are things Fairy? Thinking about you.