• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mum

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Its my mums funeral tomorrow and I don't know how I can face it. She died suddenly of an aeortic aneurysm and she was only 61. Me and my mum had a rocky relationship, we were just polar opposites and I think I was never good enough for her but this doesn't stop the guilt that I now feel and the longing to have been a better daughter. Even though we didn't get along all the time there were good times and I need my mum to know how much I loved her, the guilt is breaking me in two. I feel like my world has been torn apart.

A

Ainsworth

she did know you loved her, you told her, she replied back that she loved you too,

you need to hold on to that.

guilt is such a destructive emotion, especially when it comes to things we have no control over.

(((hugs))) to you Unlucky and try and remember the funny things tomorrow, because even in deepest sorrow there is always something to laugh about, you will cry and laugh at the same time :hug:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Guilt eats us up in a variety of different ways, I am sure your mum knew that you loved her - even if you didn;t see eye to eye and were poles apart. Keep strong Unlucky ((((hugs)))
KS

BORTU

BORTU

Hi there,

I had a tripple aneurysm and I survived. That is not good news to you. It just proves how lucky I am. I actually feel guilty that I survived where others did not.

It takes time, as loosing a parent can be bad. But look on the bright side, I have had a lot of pain and distress since, so your mum is spared that.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
The doctors said that 9 out of 10 people don't survive the operation so you really are lucky. My mum survived the op but her kidneys failed and the blood stopped pumping round her body. I'm thankful that we got a couple of days that we could speak to her and I got to tell her I loved her. The funeral was a nightmare but a nice service.

L

Lil

I'm so sorry for your loss :( *HUGS*

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

Hi

My prayers with you i too lost mum aged62 from similar thing she does know you love her x

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Thanks for your kind thoughts, I like to think that she did know I loved her. I think a lot of us have 'difficult' relationships with our parents, but I'm sure we know deep down that they love us and we love them.