Multiple Voices and Me

R

RainbowElf

Ok well I am new here and I thought I would post a little about my experiences.

I am now 21 and hear 10 constant voices, although sometimes there is an 11th. They are a mixture of ages and of both sexes, one thing they do have in common though is the negativity.

I started with one at 16/17 which then increased to 7 three years ago then within a year after it was 10.

The 11th voice that I hear sometimes has hospitilised me. Although this was mainly my choice.

I can not take medication as the side effects are too bad for me to cope with.

I attend a group and well yeah I think thats a good place to start. :)

Elf :)

T

terri

Ok well I am new here and I thought I would post a little about my experiences.

I am now 21 and hear 10 constant voices, although sometimes there is an 11th. They are a mixture of ages and of both sexes, one thing they do have in common though is the negativity.

I started with one at 16/17 which then increased to 7 three years ago then within a year after it was 10.

The 11th voice that I hear sometimes has hospitilised me. Although this was mainly my choice.

I can not take medication as the side effects are too bad for me to cope with.

I attend a group and well yeah I think thats a good place to start. :)

Hello Rainbow Elf

How are you? You may not be able to take on board my advice because they cause terrifying pressure as you know but do try to take no notice and do take no lie down as that makes you feel worse, unless you feel totally zogged and then if you do just put a pillow over your head and pull the covers up in bed right over the top until they go away, if only for a while at this stage cos I'm sure they will change to lovely voices later. These awful voices are not out to get you, they just make you think so. Please try to read my thread and Cal's as well, when I tried to throw myself out of the window because an awful evil voice told me to kill my cat, and I'm still here and so is Cal. By for now,

lots of lush

Terri x

R

RainbowElf

Hello Rainbow Elf

How are you? You may not be able to take on board my advice because they cause terrifying pressure as you know but do try to take no notice and do take no lie down as that makes you feel worse, unless you feel totally zogged and then if you do just put a pillow over your head and pull the covers up in bed right over the top until they go away, if only for a while at this stage cos I'm sure they will change to lovely voices later. These awful voices are not out to get you, they just make you think so. Please try to read my thread and Cal's as well, when I tried to throw myself out of the window because an awful evil voice told me to kill my cat, and I'm still here and so is Cal. By for now,

lots of lush

Terri x
Hi :)
Thanks for the reply.
I am having a real hard time with my voices at the moment. just typing this is aggravating them, but I do not care.
They will be mad at me no matter what I say. :(
I do not sleep a lot partly because of the voices and partly because of other mental health problems I have.
Sorry to hear that you have had some hard times with your voices. I can understand were you are coming from though.
My 11th voice tells me to kill my girlfriend and I find that so hard to try and cope with. So that is why I try to get myself into hospital or just hurt myself as seriously as I can to avoid hurting my girlfriend.
I constantly give in to their wishes just to get 5 mins of peace. I know I should not hurt myself because they tell me to but I sometimes have no choice.