• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

MPD

A

Affective

Is Multiple Personality Disorder a form of Psychosis, for instance are these personalities just delusions? Or are they real personalities sharing one body?

dib4uk

dib4uk

Well for me i think its a combination of two. Although I can be wrong, it can be a psychotic episodes, but then for others who are suffering from this it can be a life long problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_personality_disorder

For me its a bit of both, pschosis and a real life thing- for instance sometimes when I look in the mirror i expect to see someone else. For people of abuse and survivers this is a normal thing that is a coping mechanism, but maybe throw in a psychotic problem and it can be made worse.. if that all makes sense.

I'm not really too sure :redface:

A

Affective

Well for me i think its a combination of two. Although I can be wrong, it can be a psychotic episodes, but then for others who are suffering from this it can be a life long problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_personality_disorder

For me its a bit of both, pschosis and a real life thing- for instance sometimes when I look in the mirror i expect to see someone else. For people of abuse and survivers this is a normal thing that is a coping mechanism, but maybe throw in a psychotic problem and it can be made worse.. if that all makes sense.

I'm not really too sure :redface:
That's interesting, thank you for your post, I never thought about it like that.

So are you trying to say there is another personality and in the process you have hallucinations and delusions?