• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

moving on

R

riverofdragons

I am having trouble moving on from my relationship with my ex. Some brief background information might help....

We got together after my 6yr relationship ended. He moved in very quickly as he had to move back to the area and didn't have anywhere to go.

We had a fantastic relationship in some ways - in others it was a disaster. We mutually agreed to end it about a year ago. we moved into a two bed place last summer.

We still live together - very happily.

He has just met this girl who is absolutely fantastic for him and I am so so happy for him - but I can't help feeling pushed out. This is because we spend most days together and I don't really have other friends.

I guess realising this is the problem is progress, but im hurting. I have been on a few dates, but i just don't feel anything.

L

Lionheart

Founding Member
Sorry to hear.

I am sure with time you will get over your ex and find someone, it is hard to see anything else but the one you love when you still love them, it just takes time.
You will find that someone special when you least expect it. Try to stay positive, :hug:

D

Dollit

I lived with my ex husband up until the decree nisi was through largely because he wouldn't move out. What I did realise was that even though we said our marriage was over it wasn't really over until he finally did leave.

Finding out an ex is dating is hard but especially when you're still living in the same house as them. It's difficult to put emotional distance between you when you are still close but it was inevitable that one of you would meet someone else.

There's not an easy solution.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M People 1