• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Moving on

M

Michael

Founding Member
It's not easy this moving on lark.
Right now I am feeling sorry for myself.
A lot of things have happened during this last 12 months which has turned the peripheries of my life right around. The core remains intact.
Strange words I have used I know, but these perpheries were in fact very important to me, and I am now realizing how important they were.
You have your core family which is your wife and children, and then your extended family by that I mean your mother and brothers/sisters - it is this that I mean when I say the peripheries. My mother died some 6 months ago, my brothers live at opposing ends of the globe and my sister - well lets just say it is difficult.
I try and keep in touch regularly by E mail, it seems though it is one way traffic at the moment, as I seem to instigate the message to which they reply, rarely the other way around. They clearly are moving on succesfully.

Although I can say I am not depressed at this time when compared to what I have been like, I still feel like maybe it is another start to which I have yet again to fight against.
The hardest times are when I am on my own, so don't stay on your own I hear you say - well I don't, I try and keep at all times in the company of others. This keeps 'it' at bay, but does not stop it niggling at me.

It probably would help if I stopped whining and just got on with it - easier to say than do!

Michael

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
sometimes you can't avoid being on your own ..

and you aren't whining , you are "talking" (typing) , either way its good get your feelings out .

seems you're doing well after all thats happened .

keep talking , we're all here and we don't think you're whining

take care
x:flowers:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Whine /vent as much as you want :)

It's a way of moving on as you are dealing with it so to speak by expressing how you feel.

:grouphug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Depression Forum 2