• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Moving on

M

Michael

Founding Member
It's not easy this moving on lark.
Right now I am feeling sorry for myself.
A lot of things have happened during this last 12 months which has turned the peripheries of my life right around. The core remains intact.
Strange words I have used I know, but these perpheries were in fact very important to me, and I am now realizing how important they were.
You have your core family which is your wife and children, and then your extended family by that I mean your mother and brothers/sisters - it is this that I mean when I say the peripheries. My mother died some 6 months ago, my brothers live at opposing ends of the globe and my sister - well lets just say it is difficult.
I try and keep in touch regularly by E mail, it seems though it is one way traffic at the moment, as I seem to instigate the message to which they reply, rarely the other way around. They clearly are moving on succesfully.

Although I can say I am not depressed at this time when compared to what I have been like, I still feel like maybe it is another start to which I have yet again to fight against.
The hardest times are when I am on my own, so don't stay on your own I hear you say - well I don't, I try and keep at all times in the company of others. This keeps 'it' at bay, but does not stop it niggling at me.

It probably would help if I stopped whining and just got on with it - easier to say than do!

Michael

sandybob

sandybob

Founding Member
sometimes you can't avoid being on your own ..

and you aren't whining , you are "talking" (typing) , either way its good get your feelings out .

seems you're doing well after all thats happened .

keep talking , we're all here and we don't think you're whining

take care
x:flowers:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Whine /vent as much as you want :)

It's a way of moving on as you are dealing with it so to speak by expressing how you feel.

:grouphug: