Moving from DLA to PIP, anyone successful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ally41

ally41

I am awaiting the decision to find out out if I'm going to get any PIP. I have been on low rate care and mobility DLA for 7 years. After quite a fight and a ton of provocative game playing by ATOS, with my therapists help I was able to obtain a paper only assessment.

I've been waiting for only a week, but it feels like an age and of course it's all I can think about day and night, thanks DWP. I have been trying really hard to think, every day with no news is another day of DLA, but it's really hard not to panic about the future consequences of getting nada.

I worry that because I was on low rate DLA that I will automatically be found ineligible. I worry that because I get DLA for the same reason I get support group ESA, that I may then be reassessed for ESA, get put in WRAG and if it happens after April 2017, I will get only JSA rates. I will be homeless at that point as £73 pw not enough to pay the bills and keep my dogs, who are my family.

Has anyone been successful in moving from low rate DLA to PIP? Has anyone been reassessed for ESA after being denied PIP? Is it worth going to tribunal? I think no because the thought of it scares me to death and being stuck in this system is making me more ill. Sometimes I think I'd be better off doing a Ray Mears, I'd probably die sooner, but I reckon I'd be happier! I would but for my beloved dogs...

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i worry about the dwp they've just questioned me about my savings worry they'll say if he has those savings he can't be that bad and review my esa support and dla which anyway will be reviewed

Mental health services closed my case sociailist worker says some people are gateholders to the benefit system, but explain that loony left comment to the mental health lot, i haven't access to a gateholder

A

Acorn

With savings, as long as you don't have more than six grand in your account its nothing to worry about, but don't tell them you have savings just say no if they ask.

Gosh dangit I'm worried as hell too with all this yee yee a$$ bull crap coming up its all I can think about day and night and my doctor is being an a$$ hole bout it. 9 times of 10 you usually get refused anyhow but after going to a tribunal you'll get it.

The key thing is getting as much medical evidence and papers to gather as possible, take photo copies and send them off with your claim form.

Never give up and keep fighting for your P.I.P do what ever it takes to get it even if it means walking out on the street naked. Ain't nobody taking my home from me and my benefits.

B

billym4467

ESA and PIPs are different assessments, one is about what you can do and one about what you carnt. ive just had my first re-assement for PIPs and it wasnt a problem, i also know someone whos just gone from DLA to PIPs and again he got through it ok.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
With savings, as long as you don't have more than six grand in your account its nothing to worry about, but don't tell them you have savings just say no if they ask.

Gosh dangit I'm worried as hell too with all this yee yee a$$ bull crap coming up its all I can think about day and night and my doctor is being an a$$ hole bout it. 9 times of 10 you usually get refused anyhow but after going to a tribunal you'll get it.

The key thing is getting as much medical evidence and papers to gather as possible, take photo copies and send them off with your claim form.

Never give up and keep fighting for your P.I.P do what ever it takes to get it even if it means walking out on the street naked. Ain't nobody taking my home from me and my benefits.
i have more than 6 grand have been worrying i'd need savings if they cut the benefits ironically it makes cutting the benefits more likely, i've declared the bank account to them, it;'s the one they pay into, heard rumours they were going to use credit reference agencys to gather information, beem found not credit worthy, credit reference agency has certain information

Maybe as well, they may decide deserving cases can't be credit worthy as an operational idea

A

Acorn

i have more than 6 grand have been worrying i'd need savings if they cut the benefits ironically it makes cutting the benefits more likely, i've declared the bank account to them, it;'s the one they pay into, heard rumours they were going to use credit reference agencys to gather information, beem found not credit worthy, credit reference agency has certain information

Maybe as well, they may decide deserving cases can't be credit worthy as an operational idea
I have to be careful what I say, I'd love to help but I think its best to get yourself an appointment at a legal center so that they can advise you.

A

Acorn

Its best not to worry to much, the first thing is get your savings sorted via legal advice there are legal ways around it. I think savings only effect ESA but not PIP I maybe wrong.

Any of these places can advise you:
Citizens Advice
Welfare People Rights
and a few others... you might even be able to talk to somebody from one of those places online.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That is good advice. Also send everything recorded delivery.

i've had a nightmare with it all. 4 years ago filled in the ESA form, had interview, appealed the decision, went to tribunal & argued my case & got put into the support group. Am now going through another ESA assessment/review process. i was transferred from DLA to PIP over Christmas/new year just gone - it was just a case of filling in the form - they put me on low rate but wasn't going to appeal it all.

i think it's a case of having to fight it all & jump through all the hoops. Keep records of everything & as much medical evidence as possible.

i've been writing a lot to my MP about it all & will continue to do so.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Its best not to worry to much, the first thing is get your savings sorted via legal advice there are legal ways around it. I think savings only effect ESA but not PIP I maybe wrong.

Any of these places can advise you:
Citizens Advice
Welfare People Rights
and a few others... you might even be able to talk to somebody from one of those places online.
citizens advice i phoned when i got the esa50 said i had schitzoprenia, the guy said he'd spoken to his boss and they couldn't help me said to phone mencap i said it's a totally different illness for gods sake, he said you don't have to swear

I once on a lawyers advice phoned mencap said it's a similar thing these mencap carers who answered the phone were most indignant

Tried the carers centre they say they can only help carers with benefit forms though i suspect in practice that means filling in the sufferers form, said i'm a carer i'm caring for myself they weren't having it

Housing officer given me letter saying i'm a vulnerable adult and should be treated accordingly, bit depressing letter but can't have it both ways

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Housing officer given me letter saying i'm a vulnerable adult and should be treated accordingly, bit depressing letter but can't have it both ways
First income support to ESA transfer i tried every avenue to try & get support - LMHT; refused referrals, GP; wrote a short note that i was stable on medication. Tried every local mental health charity, advocacy service & citizens advice (3 times), they all point blank said that none of them could help with the claim. Had to do it all myself & present my own case at tribunal. It was like something out of pre war Germany.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
First income support to ESA transfer i tried every avenue to try & get support - LMHT; refused referrals, GP; wrote a short note that i was stable on medication. Tried every local mental health charity, advocacy service & citizens advice (3 times), they all point blank said that none of them could help with the claim. Had to do it all myself & present my own case at tribunal. It was like something out of pre war Germany.
my gp has said he'll say i'm stable on meds, in dwp speak thats able to work

SarahD

SarahD

Rambo - re savings. If you have got more than £6,000 limit, they take off a certain amount for each set amount over the limit (can't remember exactly, so many pence in the pound or something) you wouldn't lose all the ESA. It shouldn't affect DLA/PIP.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Rambo - re savings. If you have got more than £6,000 limit, they take off a certain amount for each set amount over the limit (can't remember exactly, so many pence in the pound or something) you wouldn't lose all the ESA. It shouldn't affect DLA/PIP.
i know the rules though my savings are legal that hasn't stopped them referrring me to compliance what they now call they're fraud people, and i wonder if they'll say if i'm well enough to have those savings my benefit claim needs looking at

I'm doing nothing illegal nor will i be able to prove they're doing anything illegal if my benefits are questioned, it's due anyway

ally41

ally41

Please can a mod close this thread as it was hijacked and I'm not going to get any replies to my original post now, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
daffy Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15