• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Moving Forward

Milomushi

Milomushi

The move was a little rough. When I showed up to move into the apartment it had been broken into. It was the tenant downstairs and then two nights later he was yelling for hours then throwing furniture and I thought I heard him coming up the stairs so I called the police. The incident did kick up some trauma for me but he is being evicted in the next month as far as I know.

Milomushi

Milomushi

First day of work was overwhelming. Spent the last two hours in bed crying. This may have been a huge mistake.

D

Dispatch

... it gets easier ... go with the flow milo🙃

D

Dispatch

Oh ... and don’t give up ! ... never give up !

Milomushi

Milomushi

The rest of the week went better. I am getting settled. I want this to work.

D

Dispatch

Nice ! ... way to go ... and the more you learn the job the happier you get :)

Milomushi

Milomushi

Week two is over and I have had major anxiety symptoms. I think I have them fooled at work but it is only a matter of time. There is no turning back. I signed a lease on this apartment and I just moved all of my stuff out of my moms house. I am willing to give this a chance but if it does not work out I'm done. The new therapist wants me to recite mantras telling myself I can do this.

D

Dispatch

You’re doing great Milo ... don’t forget to smile ... you earned it ! 🙂

T

treasurebox

Believe in good possibilities. Look at today and to your future with enthusiasm and optimism. Believe that today is a better day for you and that better days are coming. You were made to be brave and happy. You were made to have a good life. When worries come your way, counter or battle them with good and positive thoughs. Listen to good music in youtube. Music is powerful and therapeutic.

Milomushi

Milomushi

I agree about the music, I even play guitar sometimes. Dispatch thanks for being my cheerleader. Sometimes I need to be reminded.

Milomushi

Milomushi

I just had a total melt down while traveling I thought I was going to pass out from hyperventilating. The jobs getting really overwhelming but this is it. no more help, no more hospitals, just sink or swim. The guy who lives downstairs is always screaming and swearing and slamming and breaking stuff. it is super triggering from childhood and I don't know how much longer I can take it. I am glad that it is almost the weekend but terrified about showing my condition at work and crying in front of them. I am so desperate. I feel terrible because my therapist left 5 weeks ago and moved to another state. I just texted her asking if maybe she could take me on as Telehealth. I don't know about time differences and it may be the middle of the night for her. I am so selfish. I don't want to be suicidal but I am quickly feeling more and more stuck. Plus I am trying all the coping skills, taking long walks after work, cooking, art pet therapy when I can. I just don't know what to do.

OCDguy

OCDguy

In between getting your Therapy back on-line, I think you are doing the right thing in venting your frustrations. In my opinion talking generally helps :) How are you feeling emotionally today :hug: