• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Moving Anxiety... I'm very nervous

C

cmn

Hi all! I'm new to the forums but not to anxiety -- which I've had all my life. I'm also not new to struggling with change.

Last month, we received a 30-day notice to vacate our current house. We were all devastated since we only moved here a year ago and were already used to the house. Last year, I was ready to move. It didn't take me long to get used this house, however it did take me long to get used to all the quirks.

So, after getting the vacate notice, I was so panicked. I called all the people I needed to, started looking in to finding a new place. But I also had really bad anxiety the first few days. I kept waking in the middle of the night, and I had to remind myself that I need to sleep because when we finally get moved, I'll struggle sleeping in a new house.

Well, I'm almost at the point where we'll be moving into this new house. It's... not the greatest house. I'm having a lot of negative thoughts about the house we're moving to, and though I wrote out a pros and cons list, just seeing the results (more pros than cons) doesn't help.

I never really had much of a choice, though. We had to move fast, and I'm low-income and needed something cheap. Now I'm starting to feel nervous again that I'll struggle with anxiety once we get moved. I do have problems sleeping in a new home. I'm afraid this new house will never feel like home... and home is one of my safe spots.

Any suggestions for what I can do to help this process?

While we're on the subject of change, I also had to deal with another big change. My van I owned for 4 years, also another of my "safe spots", broke down and I had to get rid of it and drive an unfamiliar car.

So, yes, I've had a bit of bad luck and major change in just this month alone. My therapist told me that if I feel sick after this, ^ ^ all of this is why. I'm already feeling it. :unsure:

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hi @cmn welcome

I'm sorry for your situation,you have plenty to be anxious about,don't you?

Is there a way to see a dr for your anxiety?

C

cmn

I see a therapist, currently.

I've tried some anti-anxiety drugs but I don't like the way they make me feel. Years ago, I learned DBT skills and mindfulness, and have the most luck with that. Most of the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Anxiety Forum 4
P Anxiety Forum 4
M Anxiety Forum 4
Milomushi Anxiety Forum 37
Milomushi Anxiety Forum 3