• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Moving and Benefits

Funnyday

Funnyday

I currently live on my own in a 2 bedroom flat. I'm happy in my home except that I don't have my own garden. I would like to sit outside in the summer enjoying a cold beer and a BBQ. I claim ESA, PIP and housing benefit. So if I was to move somewhere else with one bedroom. Would this affect my benefits? Would I have to claim Universal credit and so lose some legacy benefits? Has anyone done this move themselves?

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

No, but usually benefits increase. By expierence here. The real question is do you want to move over a garden? Maybe a bigger apartment?? that's what I did. It's not a two bedroom but its spacious. Did I answer it?

Funnyday

Funnyday

My flat is very big. it has two large double bedrooms and a large living room. It's not a space thing for me. Anyway, I've written a letter to send to the DWP to find out how any changes would affect my claim. Who knows how long it will take to hear back from them.