Moved from Introductions

T

The Professor

So, my journey to become quetiapine free is progressing.... slowly.

I am now coming up to a week since my time in A&E

I still sèem to have an issue with almost spasmodic clenching of my teeth.

I still feel like I ran the London marathon (yesterday)

But my brain is more alive than it has been for years. I am now looking for opportunities to have some social interaction

I can now conceive time beyond yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Not all is perfect yet.... I know there is something happening on Tuesday (I can cope with longer timescales 😁)

But I cannot remember what is happening Tuesday. To compare my memory with the fabled 5 second memory of a goldfish.....

I think the goldfish is currently the intellectual giant 🤣

But the physical soreness is not to be underrated, I really hurt. But am 10 days 'sober'.

But my sleep monitor shows that I am now waking up 6 times a night....
Rather than the 50 times a night when I was taking the quetiapine and zopiclone to help me sleep......

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum. Look around and see where you fit in best and jump in. You do sound stressed but the meds should help a little. I was on quetiapine and found it over sedated me so I am changed now to another anti psychotic. In lower doses its used to help with anxiety.

T

The Professor

Well, update.....

So, mentally the withdrawal seems to not exist....

I am sleeping better, dreaming and waking more refreshed than I have for years.....

Physically, not doing quite so well.
I hurt. Every joint in my body hurts even my toes and fingers. I feel that my hip joints and shoulder joints are loose in their sockets. The pain is quite incredible.

I have arranged to see a chiropractor to see if that will help with the pain. I have spoken to my GP, who only managed to tell me that I need more exercise and could give me another prescription. (he then told me that doctors are better at writing prescriptions than solving problems!)

I explained that my step count is set to 20,000 and I typically reach that by lunch time/early afternoon. I typically cover a minimum of 4 miles a day walking my dog......

I was then told that there was nothing more he could do, and all symptoms will disappear in 6 weeks.

I will let you all know what happens..... But I will be glad when it goes (if it ever does)...

Some of the medications I have been prescribed are used to deal with chronic pain. I wonder if the pills have dulled pain allowing me to cause injury and not realise. If that is the case, and baring in mind that I have been taking these kinds of meds for 30 years, how long have I been aggravating any injuries?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
How are you tapering offf your quetiapine . I did it a while ago and it took me 18 months and I’ve now been clear of it since january

T

The Professor

Due to circumstances at the time, I stopped dead.

Initially involuntary... but then it became a voluntary mission.

My biggest problem is the physical pain.... Any ideas how long this will last?