Motivation

B

BeautifulMess9009

How do you guys get motivated? I honestly cannot get out of bed most days. Doc says I need to work out but I really don’t like working out! I also broke my thumb so I honestly can’t do much right now anyways but I NEED to get out of bed and I can’t! Like, it’s a beautiful 90 degree day and I can’t get out of this bed!

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

Seriously, I would feel terrible physically if I stayed in bed all day. Knowing that, plus if I give up and stay in bed, someone will have the men in white coats take me away to the funny farm. Those thoughts get me motivated every time.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I spent years in bed, wish I could have that time back.
It was while in hospital, I decided I had to start doing more.
Do a bit more each day.
Have you had any treatment for your depression?
Take care

J

Jules5

I can get out of bed due to insomnia. Then it is a no thrill day so If you can get some reat go for it. I would love a day of just relaxation without all the commotion that goes on when I am up. I just sit and scarable through the time God has given to me. Rest is good. I hope you are not over weight as then I would have to say that you will need to get up and employ some type of exercise. with that being said do not fret you are okay. Life is not all the glamour we see in the world sometimes we need to take a break from everything so never fear it will be okay. Just go with the flow and things will gt better they already have by you posting on the forum.

P

Pollypop

Has your doctor put you on any medication or given
you a diagnosis for what is causing you to be this way?

I have little or no motivation most of the time.
It’s really hard to get started.

M

mari30

I know the feeling... I struggle every single morning since I started feeling depressed. Every morning as I open my eyes I feel like covering myself with the blanket over my head and staying there the whole day. What I am trying since a couple of days ago, and it seems to be helping, is that I started meeting a friend that goes to the same bakery almost every morning for a short chat or breakfast. It doesn't make me feel better, and I still feel desperate every morning I wake up, but knowing that he will text me to check where I am if I do not show up gives me motivation to get up. And once I'm out of the bed, it gets a bit easier to continue the day without going back to the bed... Not a permanent solution, but I hope to come up with more ideas in the meantime...