• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Motivation

I

idon'tcare

So I'm having a difficult time being motivated to do much of anything lately. It's getting kind of sad. Even when I'm not depressed I just don't want to do anything, in fact writing this forum is a bit of a chore. I attempted my third semester of college and have basically given up before it's even over. Even though I didn't take too many classes the previous two semesters I still managed to keep a 4.0 grade point average. With two classes left after dropping a couple others this semester I have one more chance to pass one of those classes, the other is already too late.

But I can't get motivated to study for my final. I sit at my desk almost everyday for about 3 hours of doing nothing; though sometimes I spend some of that time listening to music or surfing the web. Most of this time I just sit here and think about anything besides what I should be doing. Even these 3 hour thinking sessions are exhausting. I just want to sleep and not wake up. I'm not even suicidal at the moment; I'm not in any mental distress. I just don't want to exist. Pretending the next time I close my eyes will be my last even helps me fall asleep; the idea of all thought and action leaving me forever is my most cherished fantasy.

When I am depressed I can't even get motivated to cut myself...I just let these thoughts fill up this empty head of mind and sway to its rhythm. I think I might need help. I want life to be defined as "living" again. I don't know...I guess I want to leave myself...to be able to leave this behind. I think I might need help.

P

poomah

Do you have any kind of collage councelors you could talk to? Forcing yourself to go get some exercice, have an envigorating shower then sit down and have a go.

I

idon'tcare

Do you have any kind of collage councelors you could talk to? Forcing yourself to go get some exercice, have an envigorating shower then sit down and have a go.
My school isn't nice enough to have councelors, at least not the kind that you could just talk to.

B

Blondie

//www.rscpp.co.uk/telephone-counselling.html?sub_campaign_id=3&gclid=CMSIm5fu06ECFVVo4wod0nNAIATry and speak to someone ok.Have you tried telephone counselling?:)

T

TherapyTribe

Hi

I agree that being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to see beyond the imperfections… '

I must suggest you to consult to some therapist he guide u very well .

Thanks