• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Motivation/thinking of nothing.

S

Silentious

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to motivate oneself and how to stop thinking?

JessisMe

JessisMe

No ideas for you. I have problems in these areas too.

C

cathanifrind174

There is no easy fix. We're all here for that I guess.
I'd just say that you can't stop thinking. But the important thing is to catch oneself when the thoughts become too negative. But there is no magic solution. Just be patient with yourself and write down your thoughts. It helps me a lot to write down my darkest thoughts. Once I write it down, I feel better. Try it but I know it's not for everyone. I like it because I enjoy writing in general

S

Silentious

There is no easy fix. We're all here for that I guess.
I'd just say that you can't stop thinking. But the important thing is to catch oneself when the thoughts become too negative. But there is no magic solution. Just be patient with yourself and write down your thoughts. It helps me a lot to write down my darkest thoughts. Once I write it down, I feel better. Try it but I know it's not for everyone. I like it because I enjoy writing in general
Does it make a difference how I write things down? On a computer for example.

C

cathanifrind174

Does it make a difference how I write things down? On a computer for example.
I do it on my computer. I actually have an account on Penzu - which is a online diary.

I pay for the premium service. You don't have to. But you have limited options. That's just me because I need to pay to be motivated to write in my diary on a daily basis.

So it's up to you if you want to use a computer or a simple paper and pen to write your thoughts down.

Just two tips that might help:
  1. If you have an habit of overthinking like me, it's important not to care too much about what you write or about getting the grammar right. Also, if you are too tired on any given day, and just skip it, don't blame yourself and write down what you feel the next day
  2. Also write down positive things that you can go back and read when things get tough. It might not help but you can look at the positive aspects and this might help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blooming

Blooming

To be able to find motivation, it can be worth making a schedule (easy, easy, not to much to do at once) and jump into it. It is hard work over time and you will fail from time to time, but the more you fight, the better it will become. Hope this Self-help page can give you some ideas.

CBT Self Help Resources (getselfhelp.co.uk)