Motivation has vamished

S

starzzzzz

I have no motivation at all this weekend. I went to bed on friday night and still havent got up yet....it is now sunday afternoon. I need to get up and eat, do my laundry and have a bath. I keep saying i will get up in an hour - but I dont. I have to go outside to go to the laundry room but i cannot face interacting with other humans. Im hungry, but not hungry enough to get up. Im just sleeping and reading internet forums. Maybe im just tired? Or lazy? Or maybe getting depressed...again.

I've been having cbt - behaviouarl avtivation. I was doing well and keeping busy. It all changed after I went to a free meditation session (not connected to my cbt). The free meditation turned out to be some kind of cult (see my other thread). I think they hypnotised me against my will. Since, then I have felt irritable and unmotivated.

On Friday night 1 drank a bottle of wine and 2 cans of cider. I was then a bit drunk. I sent someone from my past an angry email about how they had treated me.....i really regret sending that email.

Maybe i will get up at 3pm.

M

misssadness

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am really sorry to hear you are not having a good weekend. It is very difficult to find motivation to get up and do things when a person is feeling low. I struggle with that myself. I really think you need to eat though as you have not eaten all weekend and that will only be making you feel even more tired and low. Could you maybe just concentrate on doing one of the things you need to do such as eat and then see how it goes? I know it is easier said then done.:hug:

S

starzzzzz

Thanks Missadness. I am going to get up at 3.05pm. I will walk to the kitchen....without thinking about it, i will then put the food in the microwave and then i will eat.

M

misssadness

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That sounds like a great plan.:clap:

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Little things, one step at a time.

Even if you just do one thing today, it's a achievement :)

xxx

S

starzzzzz

Thank you fairy. I did et something. Some spagetti bol which was in my freezer from previous batch cooking - it was nice, still got a bit left to eat. I just need to have a bath now....i feel so stinky. I will aim to run the bath at 5.15pm.

E

ElizaD

I get like this when my mood goes downhill.
I found that the only thing that seems to help me to get up out of bed or anything is caffeine. I think it just helps pep me up to help me move around. I guess once I start to move around and start doing small things such as eating, bathing, cleaning etc, it can some days help motivate me a little bit more.

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah it happens to me as well when I feel low. I have to force myself to do simple things like cleaning. The thing that convinces me is that I can put my headphones in while doing it and sing along to my music etc which encourages me to do it when I'm feeling bad :) x

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

You can do this. I also have had the feeling of lacking motivation.

S

starzzzzz

Thanks for your encouragement peeps...it is very helpful. It does also help to break things down to smalerl tasks and focus on doing just one thing at a time. I've missed my 5.15pm target for the bath. I will make a coffee right now and then aim for 7pm. Then it will almost be bedtime again :) Motivation is a s strange thing, where does it come from??? I often have very little, but sometimes i have plenty. :confused: I do batch cooking when i have motivtion, so it is easier to eat at times like this.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Depression Forum 9
P Depression Forum 3
C Depression Forum 1
its_cricket Depression Forum 3
J Depression Forum 3