• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Mother needs some advice.

A

Absynith

She will not take meds because she does not like the way that they make her feel. Now she has also developed some kind of eating disorder. She doesn’t eat. She’s lost sooooo much weight. I think sometimes because of everything that has happened in the past that I am automatically defensive when it comes to her and her actions. I’ve seen videos of her, as a minor, where she was unable to give consent, well, be sexually violated. Horrible graphic videos that were shared via text and snapchat. I’ve seen her go into psychosis and try and harm herself. She attacked someone once. I’ve been robbed four times by her so called friends. She will agree to do almost anything if she thinks they will be her friend. She’s also escaped because I was taking her to the hospital to try and get her some help. That’s why I always waited in the past for her to get bad, then I could just call the police and they would have EMS take her to the hospital strapped down on a gurney. I’ve dealt with the police and JDC multiple times. Anytime we make a report now they never do anything. Not a damn thing. Because she is labeled as a code 5150.
RTC only helps because she is forced to take her meds. When she is on them she is a completely different person. Incredibly positive, incredibly sweet. It breaks my heart every time she is released to watch her fall back into the cycle. I think perhaps she likes the chaos. The attention. The drama. She has been hospitalized so much that she now knows what to tell them and how to act so that she can be released earlier. She is a master manipulator. A great liar. And incredibly selfish. I’m sorry, I do not usually talk about some of the things I’ve experienced. I usually just keep my mouth shut now and deal the best way that I can. I probably should be in some type of therapy after dealing with it all alone. Her Dad couldn’t cope. He pays his child support and has nothing to do with her. He has not seen her in almost five years. So we can add promiscuity issues on top of everything as well. Daddy issues! So many Daddy issues. Always has to have a boyfriend, can never be alone. Multiple cases of STD’s. All curable, thank God! She is a beautiful girl. Seriously, could model, kind of beautiful, but her brain is sick. So sick. And I’m so tired of it all and I just want some peace. If she continues on this path I have no idea what I will do. Maybe kick her out of the house. Who knows. How do you force someone to get help when they do not want it. I’m at the point to where I wonder if maybe I enable her by rescuing her all the time. Maybe I’m the issue. I’m just at such a loss. So overwhelmed.
I’m thankful I found this forum. I can’t express how helpful it is to just write about some of what I’ve had to deal with emotionally and even physically from her. I don’t know what you believe in, but whatever it is, please send some prayers, good vibes, good karma my way. I’m not sure how much more I can take and remain somewhat sane. Thanks for letting me vent!

A

Absynith

My oldest daughter, who is 7 years older than my 18 year old, is great! Very mature. Responsible. Got her Masters Degree In social work while buying her first house. Because she wanted to help kids like her younger sister. The difference between my two girls are like night and day. And I keep racking my brain for what I did wrong.

S

Shlink

ACCOUNT CLOSED
She will not take meds because she does not like the way that they make her feel. Now she has also developed some kind of eating disorder. She doesn’t eat. She’s lost sooooo much weight. She’s 5”8 and 120 pounds. I think sometimes because of everything that has happened in the past that I am automatically defensive when it comes to her and her actions. I’ve seen videos of her, as a minor, where she was unable to give consent, well, be sexually violated. Horrible graphic videos that were shared via text and snapchat. I’ve seen her go into psychosis and try and scratch her eyes out. Slam her head into walls. She attacked someone with a large glass bottle once. I’ve been robbed four times by her so called friends. She will agree to do almost anything if she thinks they will be her friend. She’s also jumped out of a moving car because I was taking her to the hospital to try and get her some help. That’s why I always waited in the past for her to get bad, then I could just call the police and they would have EMS take her to the hospital strapped down on a gurney. I’ve dealt with the police and JDC multiple times. Anytime we make a report now they never do anything. Not a damn thing. Because she is labeled as a code 5150.
RTC only helps because she is forced to take her meds. When she is on them she is a completely different person. Incredibly positive, incredibly sweet. It breaks my heart every time she is released to watch her fall back into the cycle. I think perhaps she likes the chaos. The attention. The drama. She has been hospitalized so much that she now knows what to tell them and how to act so that she can be released earlier. She is a master manipulator. A great liar. And incredibly selfish. I’m sorry, I do not usually talk about some of the things I’ve experienced. I usually just keep my mouth shut now and deal the best way that I can. I probably should be in some type of therapy after dealing with it all alone. Her Dad couldn’t cope. He pays his child support and has nothing to do with her. He has not seen her in almost five years. So we can add promiscuity issues on top of everything as well. Daddy issues! So many Daddy issues. Always has to have a boyfriend, can never be alone. Multiple cases of STD’s. All curable, thank God! She is a beautiful girl. Seriously, could model, kind of beautiful, but her brain is sick. So sick. And I’m so tired of it all and I just want some peace. If she continues on this path I have no idea what I will do. Maybe kick her out of the house. Who knows. How do you force someone to get help when they do not want it. I’m at the point to where I wonder if maybe I enable her by rescuing her all the time. Maybe I’m the issue. I’m just at such a loss. So overwhelmed.
I’m thankful I found this forum. I can’t express how helpful it is to just write about some of what I’ve had to deal with emotionally and even physically from her. I don’t know what you believe in, but whatever it is, please send some prayers, good vibes, good karma my way. I’m not sure how much more I can take and remain somewhat sane. Thanks for letting me vent!
What type of meds are you referring to that seem to you to make her incredibly positive (but not hypomanic overly positive??) and sweet but she doesn't like being on? (How does she describe how she is on them?)

Does she see a therapist often or no?

What happens if you set therapeutic/safety conditions on her staying with you?

S

Shlink

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's not about either you're to blame or she's to blame (allegedly liking chaos)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Bipolar Forum 3
L Bipolar Forum 2