• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Most difficult person in your life?

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Has anyone had or known someone who was difficult to get on with? It could be a family member, work or school colleague.

For me it was my dad. He wanted me and my brothers to be like him? If you didn't follow his religion and interpretation of his religion, then he may well have something to say about that, mostly likely behind your back. He was also temperamental and eventually over time he became an alcoholic.

I've cut my connection to him a while ago and i'm glad.

bulbie

bulbie

A good friend, but not for reasons you'd expect.

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

My dad, who physically and emotionally abused me and my sister when we were little. For some reason he would target me in particular more than my big sis.
He terrified both of us and we were always nervous and on-edge when we were in his house. He could snap and go flying off the handle at the littlest thing, he was so unpredictable and had crazy intense mood swings.

My mum said he possibly had bipolar disorder and his side of the family has a history of manic depressive illness. I think I may have inherited some of his psychological issues.

He's probably the reason I get so nervous and scared around big men to this day.

H

HakunaMatata

I'm struggling at the moment with my new sister in law (husbands brothers wife). Used to be very good friends with her before we slowly grew apart and (to cut a long story short) resulted in her saying lots of things that hurt me badly that I just can't forget. I am now in the predicament whether to think that life's too short and forgive and forget or to again think that life's too short to have this sort of person in my life? It's hard when the latter means potentially causing a wedge in my husbands family and it looking like I'm the bitchy one.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm struggling at the moment with my new sister in law (husbands brothers wife). Used to be very good friends with her before we slowly grew apart and (to cut a long story short) resulted in her saying lots of things that hurt me badly that I just can't forget. I am now in the predicament whether to think that life's too short and forgive and forget or to again think that life's too short to have this sort of person in my life? It's hard when the latter means potentially causing a wedge in my husbands family and it looking like I'm the bitchy one.
It's easy for me to say, forgive but don't forget. Talk to the person in question and offer them one last chance? If they break that then cut them out of your life?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E I am not possibly that difficult People 4
Confusedandanxious I find connecting with people extremely difficult People 23
W Difficult to continue relationship (inc. ghosting) with Dad People 2
T Anxiety and confronting difficult people People 1
B Concerned for a friend (difficult situation) seeking advice People 6
S Difficult situation with my partner People 3
R My girlfriend cheated on me? Most difficult relationship I've been in... People 1
N Feeling that other people are "difficult" People 7
B Like a girl but in a difficult situation, what would you do? People 2
R Don't know how but seem to be dealing well with many difficult times People 5
sam999 my friends turned out to be 1 person People 4
F New job and ther person training me is snotty! People 4
D What does it mean when you dream of a person you want to meet People 7
M What is a Depressed Person Thinking? People 1
M The Self Worth of the Depressed Person People 4
H I don't know what to do with this person People 2
Not_Crazy_Yet Im such a bad person for laughing about this People 20
E My future ex wife believes she's in love with an imaginary person. People 5
M Should I keep up my long-distance relationship with a suicidal bipolar person (whom I no longer love)? People 3
M Can domestic abuse in early childhood affect a person permanently? (Learning about my dad) People 4
Q Thought this person wanted friendship but wants me to sign up for this Forever Opportunity People 8
M I am a lonely person People 1
M Getting the silent treatment for twelve years from a person you are forced to live with: Social anxiety, PTSD, Estrangement People 2
S Insecurity...... How best to help an insecure person who shuts down People 7
apple person i've met who wants to keep in touch most days People 7
W What is wrong with this person? People 2
greenfairy Can you be addicted to a person?Out of my depth here and scared I'm over obsessed! People 8
J Looking for a fellow mentally ill-aware person People 1
prairiechick Is it possible to become addicted to a person? People 8
angiebib1976 I'm a Missing Person?? People 17
OobieMoobie I'm a horrible person :'( People 12
R My partner lied about his past love life People 11
N GAY LIFE: HOW TO ACCEPT THE BELIEF "I WILL STAY SINGLE AND ALONE FOREVER" People 7
R My life has proven yesterday to be a dead end and things will never get better, I can’t stand it. People 0
J Life is a constant déjà vu People 10
M What's life like under gardianship of parents People 3
J The Reason Why I'm Getting More Females In Life Now? People 4
H Relationship hopes for rest of my life are actually zero !!! People 7
Hikikomori1979 How to fight dirty in life, when you know the fight is unfair? People 2
J struggling to balance my work life, family life, love life People 1
A Family Issues Ruin My Life at Times People 5
Peter86 Powerful nostalgia about a camp school from 19 years ago, probably related to my current much less social life People 2
B My obsession is affecting my life People 6
M A day in the life of a depressed child People 2
I Absent Romantic life and issues People 1
D Absent Romantic-Sexual life People 4
S My Mother Doesn't Want Me In Her Life People 6
S I Didn't throw in a life ring, I jumped in. People 3
B want to tell my story from the very first day of my school life to present- dealing with depression People 1
I Kicking abusive family out of your life People 8