• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Most difficult person in your life?

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Has anyone had or known someone who was difficult to get on with? It could be a family member, work or school colleague.

For me it was my dad. He wanted me and my brothers to be like him? If you didn't follow his religion and interpretation of his religion, then he may well have something to say about that, mostly likely behind your back. He was also temperamental and eventually over time he became an alcoholic.

I've cut my connection to him a while ago and i'm glad.

bulbie

bulbie

A good friend, but not for reasons you'd expect.

BlueBerry

BlueBerry

My dad, who physically and emotionally abused me and my sister when we were little. For some reason he would target me in particular more than my big sis.
He terrified both of us and we were always nervous and on-edge when we were in his house. He could snap and go flying off the handle at the littlest thing, he was so unpredictable and had crazy intense mood swings.

My mum said he possibly had bipolar disorder and his side of the family has a history of manic depressive illness. I think I may have inherited some of his psychological issues.

He's probably the reason I get so nervous and scared around big men to this day.

H

HakunaMatata

I'm struggling at the moment with my new sister in law (husbands brothers wife). Used to be very good friends with her before we slowly grew apart and (to cut a long story short) resulted in her saying lots of things that hurt me badly that I just can't forget. I am now in the predicament whether to think that life's too short and forgive and forget or to again think that life's too short to have this sort of person in my life? It's hard when the latter means potentially causing a wedge in my husbands family and it looking like I'm the bitchy one.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm struggling at the moment with my new sister in law (husbands brothers wife). Used to be very good friends with her before we slowly grew apart and (to cut a long story short) resulted in her saying lots of things that hurt me badly that I just can't forget. I am now in the predicament whether to think that life's too short and forgive and forget or to again think that life's too short to have this sort of person in my life? It's hard when the latter means potentially causing a wedge in my husbands family and it looking like I'm the bitchy one.
It's easy for me to say, forgive but don't forget. Talk to the person in question and offer them one last chance? If they break that then cut them out of your life?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E People 4