• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Most Dangerous Manic Behavior/Choices

JessisMe

JessisMe

I took a trip to NYC while manic and hooked up with about thirty complete strangers in random locations in the course of three months.

What are some of the more dangerous things you have done when manic?

R

rawlinsc

I've mainly just spent too much money when manic. It's a bad impulse/mood.

H

Hannahjay85

I took a trip to NYC while manic and hooked up with about thirty complete strangers in random locations in the course of three months.

What are some of the more dangerous things you have done when manic?
Great question! Most manic my trip to New York just booked it and went alone, did some amazing things and dangerous too! I book random trips leaving the next day! And got engaged 4 times!

JessisMe

JessisMe

Great question! Most manic my trip to New York just booked it and went alone, did some amazing things and dangerous too! I book random trips leaving the next day! And got engaged 4 times!
Wow, four engagements on one trip has to be some kind of record!

Zana

Zana

I booked a trip to LA to watch the first Fury V Wilder just a few days prior to the fight. Landed up staying in a rough part, right next to skid row and went walking and exploring at night. Obviously a bad decision but did stumble into a really cool Mexican street festival! Also booked a skydive on a whim but they're not really dangerous. I've been close to suicide when in mixed states too; they suck so bad because you have the manic energy and suicidal thoughts.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I booked a trip to LA to watch the first Fury V Wilder just a few days prior to the fight. Landed up staying in a rough part, right next to skid row and went walking and exploring at night. Obviously a bad decision but did stumble into a really cool Mexican street festival! Also booked a skydive on a whim but they're not really dangerous. I've been close to suicide when in mixed states too; they suck so bad because you have the manic energy and suicidal thoughts.
I’ve never been suicidal when manic before.
That must suck.

HLon99

HLon99

I stole and crashed my parents car, put myself into several hundreds of pounds worth of credit card debt and pulled 8 all nighters in the space of two weeks to revise for my uni finals whilst self medicating myself with Ritalin, sleeping pills and cannabis. Funnily enough I got straight As (2:1)

I heavily regret all those choices and will never again be repeating them, but I must say it was a hell of a ride.

HLon99

HLon99

Yeah I feel you. Mixed states and rapid cycling is the worst. You don;t know if your happy or sad, one minuite your laughing the next your breaking down in tears. Such a headf*ck.

Zana

Zana

Yeah I feel you. Mixed states and rapid cycling is the worst. You don;t know if your happy or sad, one minuite your laughing the next your breaking down in tears. Such a headf*ck.
Yeah, and I think the mixed states take way longer to recover from because of the amount of turmoil we experience and in turn inflict on those around us.