Morning Inspiration

C

Cherryanne

I'm not giving in to my feelings today. I'm sitting in bed, hungry, with no food to make. The thought of leaving home to go to the store makes me want to cry, but guess what? I'm going to do it anyway! I have to eat, and I'm stronger than my feelings. Aaaannnddd I have to eat lol.

I hope someone else can face a challenge today- you're strong enough to do it :)

Victorianna

Victorianna

Cherryanne- good for you! I have agoraphobia, too, so I know just how hard it is. I’m glad you are going to the store. I know you can do it! Let me know how it goes - it might give me the inspiration to go, too (I desperately need to).

C

Cherryanne

Cherryanne- good for you! I have agoraphobia, too, so I know just how hard it is. I’m glad you are going to the store. I know you can do it! Let me know how it goes - it might give me the inspiration to go, too (I desperately need to).
I don't know if that's what I have but it sure feels like it at times. Anywho... After I made the post I threw on some clothes and headed to the store. I just kept focused on what was needed and when I finished with the first store I ended up at a second store about a mile further up. I needed something that I could only get from a particular store that was a little further than I wanted to go and I made the mistake of telling someone who wanted to know why I didn't want to go to that store. Well I wasn't going to say why so I went home but as I got closer to home I realized the only thing stopping me from getting that thing, is me! I drove past my home to the store further out and got what I needed. The kicker is now I don't want to be home! I'm actually about to head out and do some more shopping. Now's it's your turn 😀

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Good for you for getting out you’ve done well. I suffer social anxiety with depression and to others it looks like agoraphobia but mine is not a fear of open spaces it’s people. Sometimes it can take 3 or 4 hours to get out of the house. But sometimes you’ve got to bite the bullet and go for it

Victorianna

Victorianna

I’m so glad you made it out, and not only that - didn’t even want to return home. That’s a victory, for sure!
Sorry I thought you had agoraphobia. For me it’s just that I don’t want to leave the house. I feel too fearful - the people, the noise, the lights. And there’s no escape. The house is safer.

C

Cherryanne

Good for you for getting out you’ve done well. I suffer social anxiety with depression and to others it looks like agoraphobia but mine is not a fear of open spaces it’s people. Sometimes it can take 3 or 4 hours to get out of the house. But sometimes you’ve got to bite the bullet and go for it
Very true, sometimes you need to just go! Sorry to hear that you have a hard time around people. I love people! I like to people watch and get to know new people. I'm glad to hear that even though it may take a while to leave home that eventually, you do 😊

C

Cherryanne

I’m so glad you made it out, and not only that - didn’t even want to return home. That’s a victory, for sure!
Sorry I thought you had agoraphobia. For me it’s just that I don’t want to leave the house. I feel too fearful - the people, the noise, the lights. And there’s no escape. The house is safer.
I mean, I haven't been diagnosed formally but if I were to self diagnose I wouldn't rule it out 👀. All those things you mentioned are reasons I stay inside most times. If you don't mind me asking, are you able to leave home? It sounds like you do because you said you had to go get groceries as well.

Victorianna

Victorianna

I can leave the house if someone goes with me. I usually just get my teenage kids to go instead. The most I do on my own is drive to pick up my youngest daughter from school. On my own, I’m pretty housebound.

C

Cherryanne

I can leave the house if someone goes with me. I usually just get my teenage kids to go instead. The most I do on my own is drive to pick up my youngest daughter from school. On my own, I’m pretty housebound.
Well, it's still the beginning of a new year and this may be the year everything changes! Thank God you have people who can go get things for you 😊