• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

More TOCD thoughts... help

F

ftren05

I'm not supposed to look for reassurance, but if anyone could help point me in the direction that would be great. I'm in my upper teens and have always identified as a girl. I'm straight and despite what I think was HOCD, I'm pretty confident in my sexuality. But now I've seemed to move on to TOCD.

What scares me the most is (and I know I'm not supposed to look into my past):

• Ages 3-6 I was a huge tomboy (didn't really play with girly toys until I was 8 or so)

• I daydreamed that I was a boy (again ppl say this indicates being trans); however, looking back it almost seems like I was more attracted to him maybe not wanting to be him? I occasionally daydream about him now

• I once tried exploring wearing boys clothes & swimsuits but felt really uncomfortable

• I've kinda been fascinated with transgender people (not in a weird creepy way I hope lol), but watching documentaries and stuff occasionally just because I am curious and I might want to help kids someday and always care about including everyone, I have a sibling who is part of LGBTQIA)

• my voice is low and I often feel like I "protect" my friends or act like a man when I'm talking with my family or giving directions lol

But:

• once I started 1st grade I had no problem being a girl (slightly tomboyish still)- I wouldn't wear jeans because they made me feel too "boyish" (lol)

• When I was 11 I really wanted boobs, but then when I was 14 I wished I was flat chested (mainly because I didn't want to grow up; now I'm indifferent about my boobs now, but I would never get rid of them)

• When I was 12 I had my 1st crush on a guy and though I like guys, I don't think I actually want to BE one

Maybe I was just confused as a kid, because going through female puberty was no problem for me and I actually became more girly and started crushing on boys.??

I recently saw a story about a trans guy and now I'm terrified that if I were taller & better looking I'd transition. Now this thought is on my mind. I panicked because I couldn't tell if I envied him or was attracted to him. Maybe I just admired him. I thought he was cute and immediately imagined dating him. Then that led to all sorts of intrusive thoughts like I was only attracted to him because he's trans and that I'm some weirdo, but I've accepted that I'm attracted to all guys (trans or cis). Lastly, I have never felt dysphoric before and actually would be uncomfortable being a boy.

Sorry for this long post. This has just been occupying my mind and I can't shake it.

Y

yulsic_

Do you want to talk? I am passing through this. Are you better?

Y

yulsic_

Actually it's almost the same problem than the post owner...

A

Alooftech

I'll explain my cousin, when she was younger, she wore a lot of dresses was very athletic and didn't really whine much unlike the other kids actually. Good swimmer and great awareness skills when we'd play hide n seek. Did we view her as a boy, not in the slightest. Now as she's older she wears literally anything she wants without a care as to what anyone says. I can't blame her; people project their insecurities with little self awareness...and as she put it "horrible clothing styles here in America"

Her voice is low and soft, she makes us fall asleep sometimes; esp. when I talk to her on the phone. High pitched sounds can feel abnormal. She's who I think of when I need to problem solve asap. Sometimes idk who gives a f*ck less, her or her best friend "Lendog". Be like her.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B ROCD - Breaking-up and getting back together. I don't want to hurt my partner more. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A HOCD and some more disturbing things, i need help. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
TheEagle15 OCD with drinking. Have to take 1 more sip Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
O Becoming more unsure as to whether I have OCD or not Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
M Hocd/tocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
J HOCD to TOCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
F Uncomfortable thinking about being the opposite gender, yet having intrusive thoughts about transitioning? TOCD? Please help. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
F HOCD or am I in denial?? also TOCD?? (very long, but I'd really really appreciate if someone could read) Please help me!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
A Random thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Blasphemous Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
N Struggling with intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Obsessions/Intrusive Thoughts Making Me Sick Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
R Intrusive thoughts leading to fear of being falsely accused and punished Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
C Overlapping intrusive thoughts and contamination Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
S Negative impulsive thoughts about boyfriend Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
Mr Oreo Bunny intrusive thoughts are scaring me Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Scarlet2021 Obsessive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
jajingna Zoloft for obsessive thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Medication for thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
W Sexually intrusive thoughts/ obsession with rape Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
L HELP: Intrusive Thoughts During Sex Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
P Intrusive thoughts about other people? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
T Need Help with anxious obsessive thoughts please Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
M Intrusive thoughts and a "delay" of anxiety Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S sexual intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
M Obsessive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
R False Memories and Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
S Obsessive thoughts on bodily (rectal) sensations Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
Magenta Pink OCD Thoughts And Anxiety About Going To Hell Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 27
T Helping a friend with bad OCD & intrusive thoughts - whats the best way to do this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
I Help with obsessive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
Falling_Fixation Intrusive thoughts of suicide Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
A I am suffering from the thoughts that I am Impotent Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 17
E every action with bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Fast paced intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
O Intrusive Thoughts Help. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
R Needing a lady's perspective: Fear of acting out particular thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
Mikrokosmos Are intrusive thoughts corelated with strong motivation? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
M unwanted intrusive thoughts, i feel like im losing my mind Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
K Has anyone watched Straight up on netflix? What are your thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
Absurd2020reality OCD and intrusive thoughts (absurd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
G Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Is this just my intrusive thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
G Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
R Seeking Techniques That Have Helped You to Stop or Diminish Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
J Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
R Intrusive racist thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
S guilt over suicidal thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
G Bad thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3