• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

More thoughts

S

SomeGirl15153

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My parents came to the United States for a better life. As Americans we were hoping to establish a better life than in the third world country we came from.
But what happened?

Their children were discriminated against and bullied in the educational system and were not given equal opportunity to thrive educationally or career wise, their DAUGHTERS were RAPED and SEXUALLY ASSAULTED in America. Abused by American men who had Asian fetishes. Discarded afterward. Their children were harassed and gang stalked. Their children worked for higher education but were paid LESS THAN 1/3RD of the salary that they deserved. Were FORCED to give up more money into public institutions, forced to do volunteer work- like we as minorities are SUCH A HUGE BURDEN. WE ARE A SIGNIFICANT PART OF AMERICA DOING GROSS JOBS WIPING YOUR GRANDPARENTS’ ASSES IN THE NURSING HOMES SO YOU DONT HAVE TO.

AND YET WE ARE STILL MISTREATED?

THIS MAKES ME SO SICK.

AND YOU KNOW THE SAD PART? I feel GUILT AND SHAME EVEN WRITING ABOUT THIS. I FEEL GUILT AND SHAME EVEN EXPOSING MY EXPERIENCES IN AMERICA BUT THIS IS ASIAN AMERICAN LIVING AT ITS RAWEST.

SOME PEOPLE WILL TAKE MY POSTS AS HOSTILE OR ANGRY OR VIOLENT OR DANGEROUS BUT I AM NOT.

IM PURELY TRYING TO STATE THAT IT IS NOT SAFE FOR ASIANS TO LIVE IN AMERICA ESPECIALLY SINCE NOW ITS WORSE THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP IS SCAPEGOATING ASIANS FOR BEING THE START OF THE CORONAVIRUS.

IT IS NOT SAFE. DAUGHTERS RAPED, SEXUALLY ASSAULTED, DISCARDED, ABUSED, UNEQUAL TO NON MINORITIES.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I feel sad for your experiences. I hope that not all Asians have been through what you say your family have been through.

It does upset me though that you say 'wipe your grandparents arses' because that is quite unkind. Not all of those granparents belong to people who unkind. I hope the person who gave personal care to my grandparents in hospital did not do it angrily.

In the UK, we recruit large numbers of nurses from the phillipines because they are very well trained and very good at their job. We take excellent care of them from flying them over, providing accomodation and some food until they are settled in. They are given all they need to be happy here and earn a good wage. Their children go to our schools for free, as they should, and as far as i know, they are welcomed as good members of the community.

There is discrimination everywhere for every country, gender, every difference. I have been discriminated against even as a white english woman.

Clearly your family have had a very bad experience and i hope very much that their life is much happier now. I understand you are angry for what they have had to endure. I'm not sure what you can do with that anger, how you can channel it into something good.

What do you think you can do with this passion to make changes? Something kind of course. Could you write a book about their life?

S

SomeGirl15153

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Honestly I do regret that I said “wipe your grand parents asses” and I did say it out of frustration, anger and exhaustion. But if you have been through the intensity of the nursing shortage in america in this covid 19 pandemic only to get paid 1 third of what you deserve and if you have been through the level of discrimination I have experienced in the United States not just the psychological torture from people but ACTUAL physical sexual assault and even rape— I highly doubt you would think that comment would anger you as much as it initially did.

I said it simply with the objective to explain that asian Americans/ minorities deserve respect. They deserve equal pay, to not be raped or psychologically tormented for their skin color or almond shaped eyes, they deserve kindness and empathy and in my case grace for what I said.

S

SomeGirl15153

ACCOUNT CLOSED
And also to be clear—

It’s a slap in my face for you even to say that this angry post is a reflection of my patient care. Go fuck yourself.

I know the level of care I give and how I go above and beyond despite the discrimination I have faced and despite being treated like I am 1/3rd of a working American.

Don’t you dare say that I angrily provide patient care you made an incorrect assessment of this situation. That is a big slap in the face. Upper management has commended me on my humility, my hard work and attentiveness to patients who I have treated as FAMILY.

My angry post is not a reflection of the type of person I am or the type of care I provide. Like I said, go fuck yourself.

Something, someone, some god out there has to know and be able to vouch for me that I provide great care to my patients.

if you derive poor quality of care in a nurse because of my post, you are greatly mistaken.

Go fuck yourself.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Schizophrenia Forum 2
S Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Schizophrenia Forum 1
THE MANDALORIAN Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Schizophrenia Forum 9