• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

More Self Harm

valleygirl

valleygirl

Lots and lots of self harm. Self harm over others that were healing.

Last edited by a moderator:
SarahD

SarahD

So sorry you are struggling. Please try to look after yourself.

rubyrose

rubyrose

Please don't cause yourself further harm, valleygirl. What you've done is more than enough. You don't deserve to hurt. I don't know you, but I feel for you. I care. I don't even know you and I care about you. Show yourself some kindness and care. :hug1:

valleygirl

valleygirl

It's the only way to get any relief from everything going on inside my head. It's getting really bad. In the last 2 1/2 weeks I've harmed more than I've ever done before. I went almost 2 years without SH, and before that it was months between each episode. Now it's just been days in between, and I've self harmed more than I've ever done before.

Last edited by a moderator:
valleygirl

valleygirl

I usually self harm at night and feel like I'm not doing enough, and then the next day I am shocked by what I have done.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I was going to say stop self harming but know from experience it isn't as easy as that.

Self harm is a quick, short term solution to a bigger problem and as Calypso has just said in another thread addicting. It will never be enough.

I fight the urges everyday, I self harm in many ways, not just the status quo way. It is totally addicting, that pain.

I'm one month free of self harm, I feel it's going to happen again in the next day or two but I am fighting damn hard not to.

Xxx

valleygirl

valleygirl

I had stopped for almost 2 years, but my stress and anxiety has escalated to the point where I can't cope. The only support I have is my therapist, and therapy is changing, and my psychiatrist, who I see at the most once a month.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I stopped for 14 years, I have no idea what made me start again.

Anyway, could you get another psych appointment sooner, for some extra support?

Xxx

valleygirl

valleygirl

I don't think I'd be able to get in to see him sooner unless I seriously harmed myself and ended up in the hospital. I see my therapist next week, but I don't know what good it's going to do. I'm starting a new medication for anxiety--buspirone--but my psychiatrist said that it takes about 6 weeks for it to start to work.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah and remember because your brain is being messed around with cause of the new mess that could be making you feel worse.

Xxx

valleygirl

valleygirl

At least drowsiness is a potential side effect, which means hopefully I will sleep better. I am starting taking it tonight.

R

Rolandrat

My time is from evening into night time, all I think about and it's all consuming. Taking meds to get to sleep washed down with some booze gives me some respite. Please keep safe, big thoughts are flying to you right now xx