• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

More Resources for 'Schizophrenia' Recovery.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
just thinking about the isolation of a schitzoprenia diagnosis as one women put it the joke your never alone with schitzoprenia is the cruelist joke off them all, add to that coronavirus and the fact i live alone in a flat and talk of households not mixing.

remember 30yrs ago dr leibling saying the way society treats schitzoprenics is none of our concern, our concern is you get better

how can anyone get better in that situation of stigma, what if i said it's social issues of preducice and discrimination behind the high rate in black people

i remember that gps note his illness is been seriously exacerbated by harrassment by young neighbours he needs help as a matter of urgency

it was just ignored, as far as those parents were concerned some lunatic was complaining about their innocent children, things were really nasty, all i was offered was drugs

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i think the lies they tell the young mentally ill at the start are unacceptable they're just concerned they'll take theit drugs so push a pro med agenda with no mention of the flip side, by the time the lunatics discover that they're addicted

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it's nice to hear your still going, my mother died of coronavirus and i feel sad i don't feel more, i blame the meds but mother wouldn't want me binned anyway

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
maybe i'd like psychotherapy, one women said it might not have to be cure if my standard of life could be improved, maybe i'll post about recovery better here

but not the money for expensive psychotherapy and i resent providing free training to students, though most of those experienced psychotherapists their experience is limited to those with money, i've yet to hear a real answer to if i get better they'll cut my benefits

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
for some reason i don't like the idea of a biological genetic illness, my dad said those places should have abandon hope all ye whe enter here written above the door

but is there much hope in alternatives you can't get better from a lanel how many long term ex cons lead normal lives

the genetic argument was popular when i was a young lunatic it was predicted mapping the genome would show the gene in fact i beleive now the idea is it's hundreds of genes all giving a prepensity to mental illness, not the same idea