• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

More depressed ?

Catty5

Catty5

I’ve been on Prozac 20-40-60-40mg currently for 8 weeks. No major relief yet. My depression is so severe with dissociation this time.
I started looking for TMS therapy that is costly. But my insurance should cover it. But it’ll take time. I have little energy. Nothing is easy.

P

Professionalhypochondriac

Going on tablets is frustrating as we all want to see an instant impact but unfortunately these drugs take a long time as you well know and sometimes don’t even necessarily work...
have you tried other coping mechanisms such as
Exercise
Reading
Meditation
Mindfulness
Have you had tms in the past ? And if so did it work ?

Catty5

Catty5

Going on tablets is frustrating as we all want to see an instant impact but unfortunately these drugs take a long time as you well know and sometimes don’t even necessarily work...
have you tried other coping mechanisms such as
Exercise
Reading
Meditation
Mindfulness
Have you had tms in the past ? And if so did it work ?

Hi
Thank you for reaching me out.
I’ve never tried TMS before
Insurance covers TMS in the US. So I have nothing to lose even if it won’t work...
Yes....med takes time to work (or not work). 3 antidepressants failed to work in my case.
I’ll go to a TMS clinic today for consultation.
How are you doing? Hope you’re doing ok.

Catty5

Catty5

I woke up with a strange dream but I don’t remember what it was. I’m just feeling weird. I really have no idea if i’m getting better or not lately. I have nobody to tell me how i’m doing. My brain is stil dumb. I’m still confused and dissociated.

Catty5

Catty5

I feel like giving up... thinking nothing will ever work for me.

JessisMe

JessisMe

It can be so frustrating and oftentimes discouraging to go through different treatments for whatever ails you and find that nothing helps. I wonder if you gave it a break for just a little while and then went back to revisit things later if you might have more energy later to take another go at it with less frustration? Just a thought.... :hug:

Catty5

Catty5

It can be so frustrating and oftentimes discouraging to go through different treatments for whatever ails you and find that nothing helps. I wonder if you gave it a break for just a little while and then went back to revisit things later if you might have more energy later to take another go at it with less frustration? Just a thought.... :hug:
Thank you for reaching me out
Yes it’s so frustrating and makes feel anxious and fearful thinking I won’t be ok for good.

Catty5

Catty5

I’
Sometimes I feel that way too... :hug:
I’ve been like this for almost 2 years. I’m not a crying baby. But I sometimes feel if I can go back to be normal and work again or...not.
How are you doing?

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m okay but haven’t been working either and the days get very long and tiring. I thought I was coming out of a several months long depression and had several good days but am in a bit of a depressive slump this morning so I’m depressed and frustrated at the moment too.

Catty5

Catty5

I’m okay but haven’t been working either and the days get very long and tiring. I thought I was coming out of a several months long depression and had several good days but am in a bit of a depressive slump this morning so I’m depressed and frustrated at the moment too.
Thank you
I understand how you feel. And I totally agree with you “a day is very long and tiring” sinc I’m so unproductive. I’m frustrated and depressed too. I used to be a very busy professional. I miss my work to death but I cannot work like this.

Catty5

Catty5

I woke up with a strange dream. I’m not get into a morning crisis anymore. But I feel very weird.... detachment from reality. This dissociative perception won’t go away. I know it’s relating to my dysfunctional brain but it’s annoying me so badly. I cannot catch reality well. So I can do nothing.

Catty5

Catty5

I slept for 7 hours without med but had strange dreams. I woke up, confused, dissociated and somewhat unrealized. I’m trying to be calm since there’s nothing I can do for my dysfunctional head.

Catty5

Catty5

I fell in asleep without Mirtazapine around 7pm and woke up 3:30am. I had a strange dream but it’s fading out now. It’s like this everyday lately. I’m afraid of cold turkey since I don’t take Mirtazapine so much anymore. My cats are still sleeping. It’s still dark outside. I’m dissociated and somewhat depersonalized as usual.

Catty5

Catty5

I took a little bit of Mirtazapine last night to prevent cold turkey.... so my brain is a bit foggy. My brain isn’t working as usual that makes me feel very sad as usual.
I took a shower, ate oatmeal and nuts as my breakfast and fed my cats as usual. There’s nothing I can do more all day long. I’m still far away from my normal active life. I belong to a medical field. So my knowledge scares of me by catastrophyzing every single symptom.... it’s hard.