• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

More bad press

skitzware

skitzware

Founding Member
Martin Brunt, crime correspondent
Schizophrenic Robert Napper will spend the rest of his life behind bars after admitting killing Rachel Nickell on Wimbledon Common.
Full Story http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Rachel-Nickell-Robert-Napper-Pleads-Guilty-To-Killing-Model-On-Wimbledon-Common/Article/200812315185721?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15185721_Rachel_Nickell%3A_Robert_Napper_Pleads_Guilty_To_Killing_Model_On_Wimbledon_Common

My contention is this, am I a killer? Why the enphisis on him being a schizophrenic?

Last edited:
S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I read the article and didn't think it was that bad.Napper had tried to hide behind his illness in his plea.I dont like the headline.

E

eternaljourney

I see where you're coming from.
Sometimes they report on women killing children and put a lot of emphasis on the fact that they suffer with some kind of depression.
It's a slap in the face but doesn't mean you're a killer just because you happen to suffer with schizophrenia.
The way I see it is that some people are capable of murder and most people aren't, no matter what they suffer with or not.

EternalX

D

Danage

I see where you're coming from.
Sometimes they report on women killing children and put a lot of emphasis on the fact that they suffer with some kind of depression.
It's a slap in the face but doesn't mean you're a killer just because you happen to suffer with schizophrenia.
The way I see it is that some people are capable of murder and most people aren't, no matter what they suffer with or not.

EternalX
I have to agree, illness doesn't make someone a killer.

T

Twylight

i don't care what the media do

It just means people give me an even wider berth - suits me

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The headline sucks,the article doesn't.