• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

More bad press

skitzware

skitzware

Founding Member
Martin Brunt, crime correspondent
Schizophrenic Robert Napper will spend the rest of his life behind bars after admitting killing Rachel Nickell on Wimbledon Common.
Full Story http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Rachel-Nickell-Robert-Napper-Pleads-Guilty-To-Killing-Model-On-Wimbledon-Common/Article/200812315185721?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15185721_Rachel_Nickell%3A_Robert_Napper_Pleads_Guilty_To_Killing_Model_On_Wimbledon_Common

My contention is this, am I a killer? Why the enphisis on him being a schizophrenic?

Last edited:
S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I read the article and didn't think it was that bad.Napper had tried to hide behind his illness in his plea.I dont like the headline.

E

eternaljourney

I see where you're coming from.
Sometimes they report on women killing children and put a lot of emphasis on the fact that they suffer with some kind of depression.
It's a slap in the face but doesn't mean you're a killer just because you happen to suffer with schizophrenia.
The way I see it is that some people are capable of murder and most people aren't, no matter what they suffer with or not.

EternalX

D

Danage

I see where you're coming from.
Sometimes they report on women killing children and put a lot of emphasis on the fact that they suffer with some kind of depression.
It's a slap in the face but doesn't mean you're a killer just because you happen to suffer with schizophrenia.
The way I see it is that some people are capable of murder and most people aren't, no matter what they suffer with or not.

EternalX
I have to agree, illness doesn't make someone a killer.

T

Twylight

i don't care what the media do

It just means people give me an even wider berth - suits me

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The headline sucks,the article doesn't.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S More bad memories Schizophrenia Forum 1
BEASTMODEWARRIOR Everyday i learn more about my own schizophrenia, i learn more how to battle it and understand it and see it as it is? Schizophrenia Forum 2
P More vulnerable and emotional when hearing voices? Schizophrenia Forum 2
THE MANDALORIAN One more day to go home Schizophrenia Forum 2
THE MANDALORIAN A few more days.. To go.. Schizophrenia Forum 2
C I need some more advice Schizophrenia Forum 5
HLon99 Hey! Bipolar guy here, want to learn more about schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 7
THE MANDALORIAN THE MORE Schizophrenia Forum 1
S More updates Schizophrenia Forum 2
S More updates Schizophrenia Forum 1
S More thoughts Schizophrenia Forum 3
THE MANDALORIAN Silence. No more words. Only. Schizophrenia Forum 1
THE MANDALORIAN The more negativity you remove from your life Schizophrenia Forum 1
T What is more believable? Schizophrenia Forum 4
Mr.NiceGuy Does the balance system do more than balance? Schizophrenia Forum 1
THE MANDALORIAN We have made it one more.... Schizophrenia Forum 1
K why do voices demmand more and more from your character Schizophrenia Forum 5
ABell Sometimes I embellish my stories with lies to make them seem more interesting. Schizophrenia Forum 1
Mr.NiceGuy thinking controls your tail wagging and dizzyness more then anything else Schizophrenia Forum 1
fazza No more cmht for me. Not looking back (for a while at least anyway) Schizophrenia Forum 22
LORD BURT boss told me to be more polite on emails Schizophrenia Forum 4
F No Evidence That Schizophrenia Candidate Genes Are More Associated With Schizophrenia Than Noncandidate Genes. Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage People with schizophrenia not taking antipsychotics more likely to recover, states research Schizophrenia Forum 14
Mr.NiceGuy More Theory On the Vestibular and Voices Schizophrenia Forum 1
F Infection more common in people with schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 2
cpuusage Schizophrenia Psychosis or Something More Profound? Schizophrenia Forum 22
cpuusage Feeling more unwell than usual Schizophrenia Forum 19
J More Susan Jeffers Advice Schizophrenia Forum 8
P More metaphors for the christians. Schizophrenia Forum 1
P Explaining the metaphors for the christians some more. Schizophrenia Forum 10
P People care more about their gardens. Schizophrenia Forum 5
P Speaking with voices some more. Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Wish I could lucid dream more Schizophrenia Forum 5
cpuusage Schizophrenia is NOT a Real Illness; More Psychiatric Survivors will Surface Schizophrenia Forum 2
B Can Schizophrenics become more optimistic about their schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 6
P Even more church fables. Schizophrenia Forum 3
P More church fable for the youth. Schizophrenia Forum 3
N Would you willingly lose your Support for more Independence? Schizophrenia Forum 21
F Less is more redux Schizophrenia Forum 5
F Refugees 66% More Likely To Develop Schizophrenia, Psychotic Disorders Than Other Migrant Types Schizophrenia Forum 11
cpuusage More comprehensive & humane understandings & approaches to schizophrenia/psychosis Schizophrenia Forum 73
F Holocaust survivors more likely to develop schizophrenia, study shows Schizophrenia Forum 13
S I want to hear more stories from people off meds Schizophrenia Forum 5
O can voices be more thought-like Schizophrenia Forum 3
cpuusage Schizophrenia – Psychosis or Something More Profound? Schizophrenia Forum 51
S we know more than the shrinks Schizophrenia Forum 20
Weasel Increase in Olanzepine and more confident Schizophrenia Forum 1
blueflames It can be fixed with more drugs lol Schizophrenia Forum 6
F Forget the headlines – schizophrenia is more common than you might think Schizophrenia Forum 2
M Do antipsychotics make you talk more than usual? Schizophrenia Forum 9