• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

more anti-social by the minute...

M

mikethor62

I am starting to dislike people more and more. Weird, silly, stupid crap...the way they drive, the way they talk, the way they eat, the way they are completely oblivious to those around them...people are just irritating the crap out of me more and more every day. I hate feeling this way, but it seems to get worse as I age. I have recently started jettisoning friends just because behaviour that used to amuse me in the past just gets under my skin now. I have zero patience or tolerance for people's, um, eccentricities...I'm basically down to my family and a few friends...and I'm ok with that, I just worry that it's so noticeable to people I work with and the people I'm around when I'm out with family or friends. I don't want to be "that guy"...but I feel like it's a force pulling me forward that I cannot control anymore. At my age I just really could care less anymore, but then that part of me feels bad for feeling that way. This probably makes no sense.

SarahD

SarahD

Hi mikethor

Welcome to the forum.

Why do you think you are feeling so irritated by people? Is this a recent change? Sometimes when we feel alienated from others it is because we are hurting inside. Do you think you might be depressed?

This forum is a friendly place and good for support and advice. I hope you will find it helpful.

Best wishes, Sarah

Unique1

Unique1

I am starting to dislike people more and more. Weird, silly, stupid crap...the way they drive, the way they talk, the way they eat, the way they are completely oblivious to those around them...people are just irritating the crap out of me more and more every day. I hate feeling this way, but it seems to get worse as I age. I have recently started jettisoning friends just because behaviour that used to amuse me in the past just gets under my skin now. I have zero patience or tolerance for people's, um, eccentricities...I'm basically down to my family and a few friends...and I'm ok with that, I just worry that it's so noticeable to people I work with and the people I'm around when I'm out with family or friends. I don't want to be "that guy"...but I feel like it's a force pulling me forward that I cannot control anymore. At my age I just really could care less anymore, but then that part of me feels bad for feeling that way. This probably makes no sense.
Makes sense to me, I kinda feel just the same. I have cut off so many people in my life.
Understand how you feel. I used to be what people would describe as outgoing and have lots of friends. Had a melt down two yrs ago, and feel I changed after that. Just got no patience with people