• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

More and more difficult

N

needhelp

Hi

I have been married with my husband for several years and we have children. He suffers from OCD mainly (he also suffers from 3 more things ) and things are getting worse. He is not violent or anything like this but his behaviour has a massive impact on our daily life. We are moving house on a regular basis, I am thinking of giving up my job as the toll is getting too much. He always wants to know where I am, I can't go anywhere on my own, I have no space to breathe and he complains about everything. He is paranoid about things and will act in what I consider an irrational behaviour. He refuses to have any kind of treatment and does not understand that I am tired of this way of life. Friendship outside our family unit is non existent. He can be a bully sometimes and has no sympathy for my mental health, which is not going well as I am very stressed. He is a very good dad and cares for his family in his own way but he thinks he has no problems and can be very arrogant about it. He often pulls me down, maybe to feel better about himself but then he has insecurities about me leaving him.
I beleive I should give him all my support but I have hardly any energy left for myself, let alone give more. It is always a one way thing, which does not allow any progress. Some people told me I should leave as apparently I always look down but surely there must be another way? I don't really want this as the children love him to bits and vice versa. I feel though that I am giving up everything with no results.

iffybob

iffybob

Unless he gets help or you can persude him to try and ease behavyour .. not sure what you can do ... I can understand that hes hard work ... sorry I cant be of more help ....

B

bebe

Yes he needs to got help but trying to convince him to gain the help he so badly needs is another thing. Maybe you could go and see your own doctor and have a quiet word with him about your husbands MI behaviour your doctor maybe able to offer you some help and advice on how to get your husband to come to terms that he needs help after all once he does realise this you two will be able to live a happier life..
Good luck hope u let us know how u get on

M

maudikie

You first wrote some time ago. Have you managed to get any help yet?

M

maudikie

maudikie.

If your husband wont see the doctor, I suggest that you go to see the doc. yourself, and explain the situation. Has your husband any difficu;ties at work, or is he unemployed? Life at the moment is very stressful, and I am sure you are finding the housekeeping has ot go further. Can you get a break yourself? I should think that a short tie apart might help. another place you might get help with marital problems is RELATE. You could really do to see someone together and talk things through. This is for the sake of the children as wwell as yourselves, as your relationship with your husband must be worrying them.
Take care.
P.S. Is there any difficulty with alcohol for either of you? If so you should seek help for this.

Best wishes

T

TherapyTribe

HI

I have read wat u have written i think u must handle this situation very carefully as ur hubby needs u. I think u must consult to some therapist he can solve and understand ur prob .